Internet "Cafe's"

Search

Internet "Cafe's"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet "Cafe's"

Anyone aware ofr Internet &quot;Cafe's&quot; where I might be able to check my e-mail, or do they not exist in Ireland.<BR>....thanks
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM

There are internet cafes in various larger centres and you can find them by doing a search on google with +internet +cafes +Ireland. We were often in smaller areas, however, and found that usually the local library had a computer with the internet that you could use for free or for a nominal fee. The local tourist office always helped us to find the library if we couldn't see it right away.
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 08:18 AM
rex

Likewise, the first three places listed here - - http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cybercafes - - have all been cited many times here on this forum as having accurate and up to date listings for every country in Europe (and the world).<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:23 AM

Try www.cybercafes.com.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:15 AM

Depends on where you're going. Plenty in Galway and Cork city and in Dublin - you can't cross the street without seeing 3 or more!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Gino

I have found that at many of the places that I stay offer internet access. <BR>It's getting to be the same as most hotels in Europe have with hair dryers.<BR>Boy, do I remember when this wasn't the case.

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:37 AM
rex

Hmmm... I guess I am really getting old. I went to Europe the first time in 1969, with a bunch of teenagers from ths US, and not one of them complained about hair dryers. They weren't available on either continent that I recall.<BR><BR>And no internet? I remember when you had to go the central office of the telephone company (in Athens) to be able to make a telephone call back to the US at all.<BR><BR>And I'm not 50 yet!<BR>
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Gino

Rex,<BR>Talk about getting old--When I got married, you weren't even born.<BR>Now that's OLD.<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:10 PM

As rickmav said, just about any village or town with a library will have internet access. Of course, it's often slow, or the library may only have one computer.