Search

Interlaken

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 04:12 PM
Scott

Interlaken

I have 5 extra days in CH in October. Thinking about 2 days in Interlaken or Murren and 2 days in Locarno. Or should I stay all five days in one town. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 05:40 PM
dan woodlief

What do you plan to do with the other day?Why not 3 in Murren and 2 in Locarno? I think two would be ok for each, but I would advise at least three days in the Berner Oberland. Certainly you would have little trouble filling five days there.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 10:30 PM
Linda

I loved Interlaken and the town of Lauterbrennan is just up from there. Be sure to shop at Bucherer. They have great watches, clocks, etc., & are very professional--even have a web site. The Jungfrau trip is worth the money.

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 06:11 AM
Marla

We spent 4 days in Interlaken last May and barely managed to see the highlights of the area. The scenery is incredible. Do take the Jungfrau trip if the summit doesn't have any clouds. The Schilthorn trip was equally wonderful and somewhat cheaper. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Hotel Lotschberg --- great place, good service!

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 06:51 AM
richard j. vicek

Good morning, Scott <BR>I agree completely with Dan, three days <BR>in the Berneroberland and two in Locarno, however take a day trip to <BR>Lugano, is worth the time spent. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL&gt;.

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 04:38 AM
Mary Ann

I loved staying in Murren. The car free environment, hiking, access to the Schlithorn, Wengen, Picnics,etc. Alot depends on what you want to do.

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 05:14 AM
Marianna

I would highly recommend Wengen (across the valley from Murren). I stayed there three nights and it was absolutely amazing. Great hiking and many accomidations to choose from. Move past Interlaken and stay in one of the smaller towns. Have fun. <BR>

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 06:45 AM
Bob Brown

I think the general consensus is that Interlaken is a stepping stone to something else. I stayed a week in Lauterbrunnen because it is a transportation center in the mountains. If I had 3 days, I would visit Murren or Wengen and find a soft place to sit for a while and drink in the scenery for hours. Then, I would take a walk along one of those scenic trails. Either place is in the heart of the Switzerland most of us want to see. <BR>