Reload this Page >

inter island flights??

Search

inter island flights??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 07:44 AM
stephany

inter island flights??

I will be visiting Santorini in Augsut (I know it's going to be HOT!) But I would like to see from of the more far away islands and was wondering if anyone knows if there are inter island flights to save time...I only have 8 days...and about how much that would cost?

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 08:35 AM
ct

There are flights between most of the islands - they don't tend to be terribly expensive, worth the extra money if you have limited time. I was told that prior to this spring, Olympic Airlines was basically the only airline that flew between the islands, and so the prices were higher as a result. But beginning this spring another airline was opening (air hellas or something like that...)and the prices were supposed to drop with the competition between the two. Good luck!

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 08:51 AM
elvira

Used the Olympic Airways island hopper 2 years ago; they are PROP planes, so be prepared for flying so low over the water you can count fish. Bad weather that would not affect a large jet will ground these little planes, so you could be delayed in landing or departing. The planes are very safe and in good condition (this is the airline started by Ari Onassis and the other guy with the long Greek name who used to be Ari's friend but then they got into a big fight, etc.).

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 11:17 AM
Bill Barr

Stephany <BR> <BR>For flights from Santorini check out Olympic's timetable site at:- <BR> <BR>http://www.olympic-airways.gr/oaflttimseauk.htm <BR> <BR>Usually it is either 42 or 72 seater turbo prop aircraft Olympic use on the inter-island flights. One time I was on their 16 seater to Mykonos but that was in wintertime with few passengers! <BR> <BR>Bill <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 11:17 AM
Bill Barr

Stephany <BR> <BR>For flights from Santorini check out Olympic's timetable site at:- <BR> <BR>http://www.olympic-airways.gr/oaflttimseauk.htm <BR> <BR>Usually it is either 42 or 72 seater turbo prop aircraft Olympic use on the inter-island flights. One time I was on their 16 seater to Mykonos but that was in wintertime with few passengers! <BR> <BR>Bill <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 12:53 PM
Paulo

When we were there last July, the only greek islands served directly out of Santorini by plane were Mykonos, Crete (Heraklion) and Rhodes (not every day, though). To fly to any other island a plane change back in Athens was mandatory. We flew from Santorini to Rhodes in a Olympica Aviation (a subsidary company) and spent about USD 80 (all taxes included). <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 03:39 PM
D. Spiegel

I flew from Athens to Santorini to Mykonos to Athens this past spring. Total cost for the three flights was $186. The exchange rate right now is better, so the fares will be a bit lower. The flights were all just fine -- not the ancient planes I remember of years ago. I thought it interesting that the flight attendants brought by beverages, but did not come back to pick up the cups. This was on every flight.