Insight/Trafalgar's/Brendan/Tauck

Feb 14th, 2000, 11:40 AM
Jim Hiebert

Insight/Trafalgar's/Brendan/Tauck

Do any of you have experience with guided tour companies in Europe? We are looking at Insight Vacations, Trafalgar's, Brendan Tours, and Tauck Tours. Or are there others that are better? We are looking at France, Scandanvia, Switzerland, Austria for this year. Last year we did a Rick Steve's tour of 6 countries and liked that a lot, but he is pretty much sold out for the areas we want for this year. Any help, adivce, opinions will be very much appreciated. Thanks, Jim.

Feb 14th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Karen

We have taken the Switzerland and Western France Tauck tours and cannot imagine how either tour could have been better. Itineraries, hotels, meals, guide were all exceptional.

Feb 14th, 2000, 12:41 PM
judy

We have been on two Trafalgar tours and thoroughly enjoyed both. We would definitely use them again.

Feb 14th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Prue

Jim, there was a question very similar to yours concerning Tour Companies posted on this Forum recently - if you were to do a Search I am sure you will find a lot of information about all the companies you mention.

Feb 15th, 2000, 07:41 PM
julie

Yes, we travelled with Insight once, and were pleased in general. It was a 2 week tour of Britain, and our guide, hotels, meals, etc., were excellent. She was very knowledgeable of the local humor, music, history and customs. Our only complaint, if we had one, was that it was a large bus, (about 60) and thus, we were constrained in what we could do, and where we could go. Still, as my husband was ill at the time, it served very well,ad every problem is solved, luggage handled, etc., and we met many facinating people, with whom we still correspond.

Feb 15th, 2000, 08:23 PM
Robbie

Dear Jim

My husband and I used Globus on our tour of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I did alot of research before I chose them. During my research I found Globus to have more bang for the buck. We saw and did more things then people on other tours comparible to ours. I had a chance to talk with other people on other tour companies as we crossed over on the ferry to Ireland from Wales and I was convinced Globus was the best. We had a very informative guide whos grasp of all the local history in each area we visited was incredible. Globus handles tours all over Europe. Check them out.

Feb 16th, 2000, 02:57 AM
Pam

I'll second the previous posters thoughts and experiences with Globus. Took their 19 day tour of England/Scotland/Wales and felt they were the best for the price. Would highly recommend them.