Reload this Page >

Innsbruck vs Vienna, Geneva vs Zermatt, Venice vs Dolomites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 1998, 08:37 AM
Jamie Powell

I've narrowed two bus tours one hits Innsbruck, Lienz (Austria), St. moritz, Visp, Zermatt, Gruyere (Switerland)

The other skips all the above and visits Vienna, Carinthian Lakes (Austria), Venice & Italian Lakes, Geneva (Switzerland)

has anyone done any of these? any input?

Old Jun 5th, 1998, 07:34 PM
Dayle

Venice is wonderful as everyone here will tell you. The Dolomites were incredibly beautiful when I was there skiing 2 years ago. I would love to have the chance to hike through the area. I'm sure the rest of the Alps are just as scenic, but I'm not sure you will get much hiking time on a bus tour.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 06:36 PM
Bob Cogswell

Innsbruck is worth it! If you have time, and like to ski (even if you don't) take a day train from Innsbruck to Garmisch and return late afternoon. View from top of slopes is worth the price of admission even if you have to walk down the slope. <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 11:52 AM
Charles

<BR>Would you please tell us what is the name of the first bus tour you are referring to in your post (Innsbruck etc.) and how we can get a brochure or more info on it. We are planning a trip to this area spring of 1999 and are interested in info on how to see these beautiful sights. Do you have an e-mail address or website for them? Thanks for your response and any info.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 10:39 PM
Jamie Powell

I have two travel brochures. <BR> <BR>The Alpine Adventure is ~1,500 / person for 15 days. <BR>It's in a COSMOS Tour Book. Any Travel agent should have one. <BR> <BR>THe other tour is in an INSIGHT, low cost Tour Book. THis I had to go to several travel agents before I found one. <BR> <BR>I forget the exact name of the tour. I'm at work and do not have the inof with me. <BR> <BR>Check out my web site: www.caring-hands.com <BR> <BR>I have several travel links that may help you. <BR> <BR>Good Luck! <BR> <BR>Jamie

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 04:29 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Jamie - I've been to some of the places in each of the tours, and you can't miss with either one. It's difficult to definetly recommend one over the other. You'll see beautiful and awesome sights on both. You won't be wrong with whichever you choose.