Information on Majorca

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 12:10 PM
Basil Griffiths

Information on Majorca

Going to Majorca on 20th. November 1998 for 14 days, staying in Palma Nova, mainly because its an inexpensive trip and to get away from the cold here in Wales. We would like to avoid the club, pop music scene and are looking for information on interesting places to go & how to get there e.g. local bus/boat trips. Also inexpensive eating places with local style food. Any help appreciated.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 03:57 PM
Paciano Diaz

We were in Palma,Majorca this Spring for our honeymoon. It was part of a cruise so we did not spend much time there. I would suggest you see the old part of town which include th Cathedral. Also, for a Splendid aerial view of Palma, make sure you go to Bellver Castle.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 03:59 PM
Paciano Diaz

We were in Palma,Majorca this Spring for our honeymoon. It was part of a cruise so we did not spend much time there. I would suggest you see the old part of town which include th Cathedral. Also, for a Splendid aerial view of Palma, make sure you go to Bellver Castle.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 04:03 PM
Paciano Diaz

Basil, We were in Palma this Spring. We did not spend much time there because were on a cruise. I suggest seeing the old part of town which includes the Cathedral. Also, for a splendid aerial view of Palma, make sure you see Bellver Castle.

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 08:52 AM
gina

Hi Basil! I went with my family to Majorca during the summer of l997 and loved it. We visited the Drach Caves which are magnificent but full of crowds, although maybe not in November. We also went to Petra where Father Serra was born. Maybe not interesting for you but for a Californian it was required. The pearl factories were interesting but we didn't buy anything, just enjoyed the tours. We very much enjoyed a trip to the town of Soller via the little train. One thing I would advise you not, Not, NOT to do is to go down the horrid road to the Torrente del Pareis. The road is nothing short of terrifying and it is endless curves, switchbacks, etc. When you get to the bottom, there is nothing there except a beach. Don't waste your time. Trips to La Granja and Valdemossa were fun. Actually we just enjoyed driving around seeing the contrast between the beautiful sea and the dry land and the bright flowers. Hope you have fun. Incidentally, my husband and I were in Wales in l985--just loved it, especially the Elan Valley which someone recommended to us. Good luck to you!