Reload this Page >

Info on Rocchetta e Croce??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 04:43 AM
cindy

Hi, <BR> <BR>My grandfather left this little town in 1890 to come to the US. Does anyone know exactly where it is? I know it's outside of Naples, near Caserta, but I can't find it on any of the maps. I'd like to visit when I go to Italy in May... <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance!!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Steve James

I don't have a Campania map, - but I just found a website. How's your Italian? It's got some photos, anyway, which might interest you:- <BR> <BR>www.comune.rocchettaecroce.ce.it <BR> <BR>Hope this helps... <BR> <BR>Steve <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 03:39 PM
cindy

Thanks Steve! This is a great site. I've got my Italian-English dictionary out right now...

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 04:24 PM
cmt

I'm looking at my map. A town is listed in the index as just Rocchetta (Caserta), but I don't see a Rocchetta e Croce listed. This is a fairly detailed map of mainland southern Italy: orange Michelin #431. Anyway, you know it's near Caserta. The website is probably a lot more interesting than a speck on the map would be.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Bob

Rocchetta and Croce are two towns that are about 1.5 miles apart and are known jointly as Rocchetta e Croce. To get there, take the Capua exit on the autostrada (between Rome and Naples) and head north about 5 miles to Calvi Vecchia, then about a mile to Petrulo and about 3 miles up a winding mountain road to Rocchetta. As the crow flies, its about 12 miles northwest of Caserta.