Search

Info on Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Sandy

Info on Paris

Hubby and I are planning our first trip to Paris..please share any valuable info you may have for first timers.. we are both in our later 30's if age matters and neither of us speak french at all! We want to see as much of the beauty the city has to offer and do some antique shopping along the way. Thanks a bunch!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Nancy

Do a search (in the text search area) for Elaine (@mountsinai e-mail) and for Elvira. Elaine has a huge file which she kindly sent to me and it was a terrific help in searching out stuff. Elvira has great advice, also. <BR> <BR>Elvira & Elaine, hope you don't mind my passing your info on. You guys do a great job in helping us. Thanks <BR> <BR>P.S. I'm leaving 4/30 for Paris for a month and have copied down your info for my use.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Capo

Hi Sandy, just a comment regarding "and neither of us speak french at all!" <BR> <BR>While you certainly don't need to be fluent in French, I would highly recommend taking the time to learn some basic words and phrases, like "how much?", "where is?", & "do you speak English?" and, especially, polite words like "please", "thank you", and "pardon me." <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Jody

If you want great advice on Paris,email, [email protected]. <BR>Dr Fred is a great source of info . He helped me 2 or 3 years ago, and I learned so much even after several trips to Paris on my own. He will send you pages and pages of first rate advice.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 06:13 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I'm happy to send files but please note my new email address <BR>[email protected]