Reload this Page >

Info on hotels in Deauville

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Marci

Reposting this request for any comments on hotels L'Augeval and Park in Deauville. Am finding large hotels already booked for early Sept. These 2 have vacancies. Any info will be appreciated. <BR> <BR>And Rex, thanks for the clarification on balneo. <BR> <BR>Merci, <BR>Marci

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:42 AM
claudiale

Marci, <BR>I tried to email you last week,but it was returned. We are staying at the Royal Hotel in July. We did not have trouble getting a reservation. It is a large hotel. We did not make our own reservations. We are using a travel agent. I don't know if that makes a diference. The Normandy is also large,but they don't have king size beds. Good luck <BR> Claudia LeComte

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 07:43 AM
mimi taylor

while there take time to look for the "fitages", these are beautifully crafted enamel figures that top hotels and homes. They could be animals or gnomes, whatever. We found one home that had twenty and they are perculiar only to that area as are the "camponiles" of Provence-the beautful lacy metal bell towers designed for the mistral to pass through without damaging the steeple.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:00 AM
em

Hi Marci. My husband and I will be in Deauville in early Sept. as well. Don't know if you've tried booking a hotel recently, but when I tried to make reservations with L'Augeval directly, they said they were fully booked. However, when I used a hotel reservation service (I used HotelSwitch.com), they were able to book a room for me. I assume that a few rooms are held for these reservations services. As far as hotel info, I am going with L'Augeval in that it looks nice (as much as I can tell from the website), the price was right, is in town, and was listed in a "charming inns in Europe" book (or something like that). Have fun in Normandy -- I'm sure you're looking foward to it as much as I am.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:07 AM
Tracy

Hi Marci <BR> <BR>Check out <BR> <BR>http://www.deauville.org/gb/hotelres...nd+restaurants <BR> <BR>Great little hotel finder via the English version of the Office du Tourisme's site. HTH & have a great trip!