Reload this Page >

Info on Hotels in Berlin

Search

Info on Hotels in Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 07:54 AM
Kathleen

Info on Hotels in Berlin

I would like information on good hotels in Berlin. I have a reservation at the Hotel Maritim Pro Arte but it is rather expensive so I was trying to find somplace cheaper on the Eastern side. Has anyone heard of the Allegra or the Markischer Hof? Any suggestions would be appreciated. The Gendarme is closed until June 99. Thanks.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 10:43 AM
Kay

Kathleen, I asked a similar question to this forum about two weeks ago and got absolutely no answers. So, I went with my own research and am booked to stay at the Hotel Luisenhof in the eastern side. It is well recommended and I actually saw photos of it in one guide book, Knopf's on Berlin, I believe it was. <BR> <BR>Anyway, the weekend rate we are being charged for a double is 195DM, which with the good exchange rate isn't bad for us Americans. I believe the weekday rate is about 80 DM higher, but the weekend rates are good for Friday - Sunday nights. I don't have all my info with me right now but can get it to you later, if you like. <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 10:53 AM
Kay

It's me again. I found some detailed info for you on the Hotel Luisenhof and also the web site where I first found it. <BR>http://www.berlin-info.de/english/hotels/index.htm <BR>Go there and click on 'Mitte" on the map and you will see ALL the hotels in eastern Berlin. Luisenhof is listed right above your Maritim proArte, and the former is cheaper, and as I posted earlier, it's recommended by a good guidebook and the photos are lovely. It's in an old 1820 carriage house and has only 27 rooms, whereas the one you are currently booked into has 403. <BR> <BR>Anyway, I think you will enjoy surfing around this terrific site on Berlin hotels, if you've not found it before.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 01:33 PM
hillary

This is NOT on the Eastern side, but about a year ago we stayed at the Best Western Hotel am Boulevard on the Kuerfuerstendam. The rooms were fairly basic, the breakfast very nice, the price quite reasonable at 105 DM/double room. One nice thing is they have a terrace on the 6th (?) floor (you can eat breakfast outside or they serve ice cream in the afternoon). This overlooks the Kaiser Wilhelm Church and the rest of this bustling area. It near the Berlin Zoo train station --but on the K'damm-- it is quite nice with the U Bahn outside the hotel and lots within walking distance. Just in case you change your mind about the sector you want to be in. <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 04:12 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Several years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Ambassador. (It was right after they took the wall down) Rooms were big and nice. I believe there was a pool and sauna. ph # 0 -30-2l9-02-0, fax 0-30-2l9-02-380. It was a 4*, conveniently located.

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 05:23 AM
Gino

Go to:http://www.travelocity.com/ <BR>You can get a weekend rate of 198DM at the SAS Raddison hotel in the area you're looking for. Very upscale hotel at a great rate. If you like, Raddison has a 800 number you could call.