Maria Benti

Info needed on Rome Hotels

Any recommendation about Hotels like
Hotel Santa Chiara or Hotel Venezia
or Hotel Palladium palace.

Their web sites indicate being close
to Train station as well, specially
Hotel Venezia & Hotel Palladium palace.
Are any of these in a safe neighbourhood.
Have you heard of a hotel called Villa
San Pio

Nov 5th, 2001, 09:19 AM
marj

Santa chiara is not in the train station area. It's in a great location (behind the pantheon). Walking distance to most sites (not true for train station area) and many restaurants. The neighborhood is great and safe.

Nov 5th, 2001, 09:40 AM
elaine

Maria
The Santa Chiara is much-recommended on this forum, that's how I chose it when I stayed there a month ago.
As marj said, not near the train station, conveniently located near the Pantheon. Wonderful neighborhood.
Excellent breakfast, included.

Nov 26th, 2001, 08:16 AM
km

We stayed at the Hotel Palladium Palace 2 weeks ago for 1 night. It was ok, breakfast was good. It is about a 2-3 block walk from the train station. It is very safe to walk there. Later 4 of us (2 adult children) stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Augustea, about 5 blocks away from station. They were not willing to negotiate price on our return to Rome for a longer stay. Our rooms were larger and nicer at Hotel Augustea. Our room at the Pall Palace was suppose to one of the larger rooms (cornor room) but it still was very small. Breakfast was more elaborate at the Palladium Palace, meat cheese,etc. The Augustea was just 2 kinds of rolls, cereal, juice and coffee. Hotel Augustea was just 20 rooms vs much larger Palladium Palace. The management of both hotels were extremely nice. Augustea is a family run hotel. We paid 300.000 L/night for 2 rooms at Augustea vs 320.000 L night for 1 room for 4 people at Palladium Pallace I have no idea were they were planning on putting the 4th bed.They also had a family room for 4 people at Augustea for 250.000 night that did have room for 4 people. Both of our bathrooms at Augustea had small showers not a tub with a hand held faucet. Both were very convenient, but the bus stoped right at our door at the Augustea and metro line A to the Vatican and to the main train if you choose to transfer was 1 block away. Both were very quiet rooms. Our rooms were right across the hall from the breakfast room at the Augustea I would get the waitor to make a pot of coffee,pot of hot milk and pot of hot water take it to our room and we were set untill we chose to eat. We just felt really comfortable at the Augustea.

Dec 11th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Donna

My parents, aunt, husband and I stayed at the Hotel Venezia this past Sept for 4 nights. The hotel was clean, area was nice. Very quaint and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We went on a tour of Pompeii one day and they found out that we would have to leave before breakfast and sent us up a boxed breakfast for the next day. Would definitely stay there again.