Reload this Page >

Inexpensive hotels in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Bret

Hello:<BR><BR>My family and I are trying to find London accommodations that are clean, in a safe area, and are under 100 GBP ($155 US) per night. I have found that ads for hotels do not always agree with what customers have mentioned in their reviews (example: A 3-4 star hotel in a travel guide or web site is reviewed by former customers as being no better than a primitive camp site).<BR><BR>Any hotel or B&amp;B suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks and best wishes!

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Jason

If you type in a search,&quot;Inexpensive London Hotels&quot; you will find a few reveiews from this site.Actually if you go thru this board, you will find many reviews and a lot of very good and helpful info.<BR>Jason

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Sue

The Washington Post travel section featured 10 good hotels in London for under $150 a couple of weeks ago; the website was posted on here. It should show up if you do a search, as Jason suggested.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Judy

I have found several sites for inexpensive hotels. One that I have used frequently is:<BR>http://www.londonhotelreservation.com/deputy.htm<BR><BR>Go to any of several London or British travel sites.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Sue

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002Oct18.html

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:38 PM
mom

My daughter just came back from staying at the Gallery in So Kensington, which might be within your price range. Clean, great service and helpful staff, excellent location.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Maira

Bret-- I have posted repeteadly on the Victoria Inn off Belgrave Road. Search by Victoria Inn and please post if you have any further questions about the hotel. In a synopsis: clean, great value, safe, recommended.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Charlotte

My aunt and family tried to save money at a B&amp;B in London earlier this year. I do not recall its name but it was the worse place they ever stayed at. As my aunt is employed at Marriott she could have stayed there for only $55/night but it was too late for them to change as the B&amp;B was prepaid. Therefore, it really pays to research carefully, and it's good you are doing so now. I'm sure with all the excellent comments you're receiving of other B&amp;B's, your stay will be much nicer than my family's.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Steve

Try www.travelinn.co.uk.Rooms can accomodate 2 adults and 2 children.You can also try www.hoteldirect.co.uk or www.hoteldiscounts.co.uk. I got a room at the holiday inn kensington this summer for 99 pounds (2 adults plus 1 child) full English breakfast included from hoteldirect.co.uk.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Kent

We just spent a week at the Country Inn &amp; suites-Keningston, on Cromwell road, and highly recommend it. We paid 89 pounds for a twin room, which was small, but clean. It had a decent sized bathroom, with a great shower. The hotel has a nice continental breakfast, but it got boring after a few days.<BR>The staff is friendly &amp; very helpful, and the hotel is nicly appointed.<BR>It is 5 minutes from the Earl's Court tube station &amp; 8 from Glouster Rd sta. <BR>I would definitely stay there again.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Bret

I want to thank everyone who was kind enough to respond to my original post. I will check out your recommendations and the web sites you have provided. <BR><BR>It has been difficult (or seems that way) to gauge the quality of lodgings as the &quot;star system&quot; used in hotel ratings does not appear to be very reliable. I have found many instances on this, and other, web sites where a hotel is listed as three or four star quality and with wonderful descriptions of its rooms, location and service. Only to find (when possible) guest reviews that tell an entirely different story.<BR><BR>London is a long and expensive way to go from California to be disappointed by accomodations no better than steerage-class in a turn-of-the-century ocean liner.<BR><BR>Your help, suggestions, and shared experiences are greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Brenda

Ben,<BR>You didn't say when you are going to London. My husband and I are going next month and are staying at Harrington Hall. Everyone on this site says it is nice. We got it for &pound;99 per night with breakfast. When we return I will let you know what I thought if you like. <BR><BR>I agree - it can be confusing to look at all of these websites. Even when you look at the pictures you know you are looking at the nicest room that they have...<BR><BR>Let me know if you would like my thoughts on HH when we return.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:10 PM
mary

We will visit London Jan 2003. I'm trying to find coments on Inverness Court. web site www.allenglandhotels.com have it listed at 46pounds a double including breakfast. I won't book it until someone can tell me they have stayed there. The location is good, Bayswater area and a short walk to Hyde Park.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:24 PM
Bret

Hello Brenda:<BR><BR>My wife, daughter and I will be going to London Oct. 18-23,2002. I will also look into Harrington Hall and see if its location is convenient for us. 99 GBP per night sounds like a great rate. <BR><BR>Thank you for your kind assistance. You, like everyone else responding to my initial post, have been very helpful.