Indoor Pools Sicily

Jan 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Indoor Pools Sicily

Are there any hotels with INDOOR pools in the Catania area? OR east coast? Thanks!
Jan 18th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Frankly, I doubt it. Of the ones whose Web sites I have visited -- Sheraton in Catania; Grand Timeo, San Domenico Palace and Mazzaro Sea Palace in Taormina; Grand Hotel Villa Politi in Siracusa -- not one has an indoor swimming pool.

Why should they bother? You can swim outside in Sicily from April or May to October or November, and there are very few people who would want to go to Sicily in order to swim indoors.

Anyway, my impression was that you wanted to appear on this board as an "expert" on Italy rather than to ask questions...
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:10 PM

<Anyway, my impression was that you wanted to appear on this board as an "expert" on Italy rather than to ask questions...>

I'm not sure what prompted the curt response, but a quick google search turned up a couple of hotels near Catania which have indoors pools, including this one in Giardini-Naxos: Sant Alphio Garden & Spa, and this one in Letojanni:
Le Terrazze/Olimpo Hotel.
Mind you, I know nothing about either of these places, and from the looks of them, they are not the kind of hotels I would seek out, but an amenity like an indoor pool is only going to come in a larger, more tourist-friendly place.
Jan 18th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Original Poster

I certanily am not an expert on Italy, just living in Sicily with a few good ideas! I am sure you are living in a an area where, if asked, you could give your own personal input? Isn't that what this forum is all about???!! Its pouring rain here, my three year old loves to swim and at 50 degrees is too cold for the ocean, we wanted to take an overnight break but I cannot remember anywhere having an indoor pool. Sorry if asking is creating such a problem, I'll take it to Trip Advisor instead!