Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

In Rome, what's the best hotel location to walk to most sights and still have cafes and charm?

Search

In Rome, what's the best hotel location to walk to most sights and still have cafes and charm?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have a week in Rome the beginning of December. I'd like to find a location where we can walk out of our hotel or B and B and see sights, have cafes without needing to take a taxi or figure out transport. Also, any suggestions also for hotels? I'd like to spend $100 or less (preferably). Last time we were in Italy, we rented a car and avoided all the big cities, but now, Rome is calling! Thanks Serena
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:47 PM
Maira

I think there is more than one answer to this question but going by experience, a hotel near Piazza Navonna. However, I wish you luck in getting a good hotel (double?) room for $100 or less around the area (possible, but not easy). I thought the Hotel Genio had a great location; couple of blocks from Piazza Navonna, 10 minutes walk to the Vatican, 15 minutes walk to Piazza Spagna. However, I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast, it could be noisy at night, and the service desk is not overly friendly, although there were very serviceable (good enough for me). Another hotel's location I like a lot was Hotel Nazionale. This will probably be my next choice for hotel next time in Rome.

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:11 PM

We're going next week and staying at 3 Coins Trevi Fountain, a B&B in the Trevi Fountain neighborhood (duh)...for $90Euros/Night. You can find them on venere.com. they look good for the price and location, and I'll do a report when I get back. Book soon though, Rome was booking up well in advance.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:14 PM

You could get an apartment if you are staying for a week. Look at such sites as sleepinitaly.com...do a search on here. We are renting one for next may for 8 nights and it comes out to around 100/nite
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

HI!
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will check them out on the website that was mentioned. I never thought of an apartment but that would be a great idea and a lot more room!
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:28 AM
DRJ

Try the website for Pensione Panda on Via della Croce, a couple of blocks from Piazza Spagna. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago for less than 100 euro.