Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

In Rome: La Residenza or Internazionale, which one is better?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 05:31 AM
Sara

I am trying to pick a moderately priced hotel in the heart of Rome which will be convenient to most tourist attractions/shopping. Also traveling with a 4 year old, so we need a place that has rooms which would be a bit more spacious than average. I've narrowed it down to La Residenza and the Internazionale. Which one would be better? Also, if anyone has another suggestion, that would be welcome as well. Thanks!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 06:09 AM
Carol

I have stayed at both the Internazionale and La Residenza hotels. Both hotel rooms were small, although I recall the room at La Residenza being slightly larger. Internazionale is more conveniently located to the via Condotti area & Spanish Steps. La Residenza is off the Via Veneto. Internazionale has a few rooms with small terraces. The terrace wall overlooking the street is quite high and therefore no danger with a small child. I know that La Residenza fills up quickly, so whatever decision you make, act on it promptly. <BR>Buon viaggio!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 06:09 AM
Carol

I have stayed at both the Internazionale and La Residenza hotels. Both hotel rooms were small, although I recall the room at La Residenza being slightly larger. Internazionale is more conveniently located to the via Condotti area & Spanish Steps. La Residenza is off the Via Veneto. Internazionale has a few rooms with small terraces. The terrace wall overlooking the street is quite high and therefore no danger with a small child. I know that La Residenza fills up quickly, so whatever decision you make, act on it promptly. <BR>Buon viaggio!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 06:22 AM
ellen

Hi! I have only stayed at La Residenza, so I can only comment on that hotel. We found our room to be really spacious- not at all what we were used to in Europe. Plenty of space with a child. The only drawback was that our shower/tub was in a very dark, awkward, corner of the bathroom and thinking back it seems you might have difficulty bathing a child in there. Not impossible, just not super comfortable. But what bathrooms in Europe are! It also did not have the hand held shower head (which all the other places had). Hand held would probably be best for you. Maybe some of the other rooms had them.

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 06:37 AM
Flora

We stayed at the Internazionale for four days last June. We found the rooms above average in size based on our European experiences, but smaller than what we are used to in the U.S. Our bath was quite large and laid out very well with a huge bathtub. <BR>The breakfast was kid friendly and we saw quite a few children there every morning. Also, the hotel is very near the subway stop and alot of attractions. Good luck.

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 04:36 AM
Sara

Thanks for all the advice. It looks like it is a toss up between these two hotels. What should be the deciding factor: does the location of Internazionale make it more desirable or is there more space in the rooms at La Residenza? Also, are they both in the same category (three stars) or is one a bit more luxurious than the other?