I'm leaving today for Italy!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for your great advice and patience with all my 1st time to Italy type questions!

I'm make sure to post a good trip report on my way home (that reminds me to pack a journal in my already bulging suitcase!) By the way I am bringing a 21 inch rolling suitcase (that I normally carry one but will check on this trip) and a smaller carry on. I can't beleive I fit everything in there! I am wearing a rian coat and packed a light leather jacket and only bringing 1 other pair of shoes.

The fun has already begun I picked my mom up from the airport last night and what is she wearing (mind you the only necklace she was bringing for the trip) a small mini windchime necklace. (It actually makes noise like awind chime.) After much begging on my part I think I have convinced her not to wear/bring it. Even after her being in my house for 5 minutes it was driving me nuts (I guess the good thing was you could hear her coming). Hope this isn't a sign how are trip is going to be...

We then spend the rest of the evening with her showing me her lovely neck pouch she bought. Which will be buldging under her shirt with stings hanging out, not very inconspicuous, huh.

It's going to be a great trip!!
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM

Have a great trip, smiley! We'll look forward to hearing about it when you return.
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 05:32 AM
dln

Enjoy yourself, smiley! And write daily in your journal. You'll be glad you did.

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 05:54 AM
ira

Enjoy your trip, smiley.
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 06:19 AM

YAY Smiley! Have an awesome time! Don't forget to take good notes for your Trip Report!
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 07:13 AM

Safe travels and bon voyage!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 09:09 AM

Hope you and your mom have a great trip together and only drive each other a little bit crazy!
Judy
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 09:16 AM
P_M

Have a great trip, smiley, and I look forward to hearing from you when you return.
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My Mom (on a recent trip to Budapest and Vienna) figured out with HER new neckpouch that the strings needed to be tucked under her bra in the center and the pouch into her waistband to prevent a strange looking chest.

Have a great trip!
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:15 AM

Bon voyage, smiley, and I'm looking forward to your report. I may go to Europe with my son next year, so I'm anxiosly reading all "mom" reports.