Reload this Page >

If it's good enough for Colin Powell...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 10:25 AM
jayne

Colin Powell's daughter Linda was scheduled to appear in a London play a month from now and she cancelled. Why? Her father doesn't want her to go abroad right now. Granted, being his daughter makes her more of a target, but I figure he knows a little more than me about the terrorism prospects overseas. So I think I did the right thing by cancelling my trip to Paris.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Lipstique

Jayne, <BR> <BR>I would agree with you if your last name was Powell, Bush, Cheney, et al., as these progeny have very visible last names. However, if you are a Smith or a Jones (as an example), and are aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile, I believe you will be just as safe in Europe as you will be in the United States.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 10:39 AM
xx

Maybe he figures she's just a lousy actress?

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 11:02 AM
Jane

Don't you also think that her being on stage would also make her somewhat easier to target than the average person walking down the street?

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 11:05 AM
dan woodlief

I read the same thing you did Jayne, but he said he was worried about her being a target. Obviously it has a lot more with her being his daughter and on stage.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 01:14 PM
angus

xx, why not use your real name? you could not be more childish! <BR> <BR>lipstique, so you want us to believe that the 6,500 people murdered must of all had visible last names like Powell, Bush, Cheney, etc., what a moron you are!

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Lipstique

Not at all Angus. My answer was specific to Jayne's question. There were news reports today that Colin Powell's daughter would not be appearing in a play in London. My answer was specific to that question. Possibly, you should read more clearly before you decide to condemn someone for a response. <BR> <BR>Angus, you have anger management problems that need to be resolved. You should not condemn anyone for asking an innocent question, or for that matter the innocent answer that was intended with the best intentions. Possibly, you just wanted to see your response in print? <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:17 PM
joe

The radio report I heard said that he did not want her to fly.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:35 PM
xx

Well, I'm not so childish as to call people "morons." <BR> <BR>Get a sense of humor, Angus.