Icelandair

Apr 7th, 1999, 07:58 PM
John

Icelandair

I am considering a flight into Frankfurt late this spring. One of the best fares that I can see right now from Boston is on Icelandair. I will need to switch planes in Reykjavic. Does anyone have any experience with Icelandair, good or bad, that they can share?

Apr 7th, 1999, 09:45 PM
Dennis

John,
We went to Iceland last April from New York on Icelandair,and few into Reykjavic. We had a good flight, the plane left on time, and the flight attendants were friendly and attentive. Reykjavic airport is small but nice.

Apr 7th, 1999, 09:46 PM
Dennis

John,
We went to Iceland last April from New York on Icelandair,and few into Reykjavic. We had a good flight, the plane left on time, and the flight attendants were friendly and attentive. Reykjavic airport is small but nice.

Apr 7th, 1999, 11:13 PM
Mary

We flew Icelandair into Luxembourg City this past January. I second what Dennis said about the flight. Also, we enjoyed getting off the plane in Reykavic. We were only in the airport for about an hour, but it was great to walk around for a little bit. On the way home, we plan to take a short stopover in Iceland and see a country we would probably never see otherwise.

Apr 8th, 1999, 05:19 AM
ilisa

I have never flown Icelandair, but my husband has flown them several times. He swears by that airline. Besides their great fares, the service is excellent. They also upgraded him to Business Class on his last trip for free when he asked if there was any availability. I wouldn't hesitate to take them if I were you.

Apr 8th, 1999, 06:00 PM
Beth

I second everything that everyone's said thats positive about Icelandair. The only negative thing that I have to say is that they discontinued flights into Luxembourg -that was a great airport to fly into as it was small and close to lots of key spots in Europe.

Getting off the plane in Rekyavik - stretching legs and buying sweaters was great !

Apr 8th, 1999, 06:17 PM
Jennifer

Hi, John:
I have only good things to add, too, about Icelandair. The service on board was comfortable and friendly. And, the country was even better. If you have the time, stay in Iceland for a day. The country is magnificent; the atmosphere is very peaceful and land is extraordinary. Or, if you just have a few hours, try to board a bus to the Blue Lagoon-natural hot spring. We jumped in when the outside temp was less than 25 degrees F, but the water was above 80. It was so soothing!

Best of luck to you no matter what you choose.
Jennifer