Search

Iceland or Scotland (Jun/July '24)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceland or Scotland (Jun/July '24)

Hi All,

We are a family of four (kids are 8 and 12) and we are planning a summer trip for either early June (1 to 15th) or early July (1st to 15th). We need to go to London and will spend around 7 days there. We want to combine it with either Iceland or Scotland for another 7 days. Scotland is the natural choice given the proximity but wife and I have been there (though only for 3-4 days more 15 years back) so strongly considering Iceland instead (it has cheap connectivity to London via Easyjet).

1. Anyone who has been to both (Iceland and Scotland) and can shed light on how they compare and which one you would recommend?
2. Will early June (1st week) be pretty cold in Iceland?
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 04:22 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been to both but Scotland many more times with Iceland only once. I honestly like both and would go back to both in a heartbeat. I found both very similar in landscape maybe because I've been to Orkney but Iceland is a little more expensive with cost if that is a concern. I found it difficult to find shoes/boots when I couldn't wear what I had with me and don't think I would have had type of issue in Scotland if that makes sense. It could have been where I was.

As for weather, I've only been to Scotland June-August, and it varied so much to being heatwave to very cold. Iceland was in August and just cold with icy feeling rain most of the time. I had to wear rain pants where I've never had to in Scotland so not sure about June or July. So, to answer your question, I would find it hard to say which you should pick. Maybe go for Iceland and come back and tell us which you liked best?
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 04:24 PM
Forum Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved to the Europe forum and tagged for the UK and Iceland
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 01:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are spas an important part of your holiday?

if not then go to Scotland