iceland glacier hike and ice cave tour best option in 2024

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2024, 01:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we are group of 4 planning a glacier hike and ice cave tour in March next week. Google is flooded with tour operators results with so many different options, I gave it hours of research and I am still not sure which one to pick. What is the difference if the hike starts in Skaftafell and in Jokulsarlon lagoon? Is there only on ice cave which is visited by all? Or is there a possibility to have more private experience if we choose a longer hike? Can someone recommend the exact tour operator for example? Thanks
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 04:37 AM
P_M

I went with Troll Expeditions and I highly recommend them. My tour lasted a few days and neither the glacier hike nor the ice cave were crowded.
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 05:28 AM

Most tours in Iceland are going to be roughly the "same" from one another given the experience you're interested in. So, your choice ultimately will not change much from another in what you're looking for. There may be slight differences such a location of the ice cave of what have you or weather/volcanic activity may force a schedule change.

I went with a couple of day tours from Nice Travel in Iceland. They are probably just is good as the one PM mentioned.

I'd suggest maybe reading what reviews are of are operator rather than a specific tour on Google and Trip Advisor for any mention of problems travelers had with s specific tour operator if you need help to decide. In the end, I doubt you could go "wrong."