Reload this Page >

IBERIA AIRLINES?

Search

IBERIA AIRLINES?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 11:47 AM
Sue Bologna

IBERIA AIRLINES?

I am considering flying via Iberia Airlines from Montreal to Spain? Concerned about airline quality - any comments?

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 01:11 PM
Ben

I flew them from Miami to Madrid last year and they were OK. About the same as a flight on Al-Italia during the previous year to Rome. They were on-time, but don't expect anything more than no-frills transportation. The service within Spain was a bit nicer.

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 01:45 PM
KRISTA

I agree with Ben-definitely a no-frills airline. However, I flew them from Seville to Madrid so it was a very short flight. The one thing my husband and I noticed that we still laugh about is how quickly everyone boarded the plane. It wasn't a small plane-it was something like a 727. They didn't board by row like they do here in the U.S. They just called everyone to board at the same time and the plane was loaded with everyone in their seats in less than 10 minutes. NEVER would that happen here......

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 08:16 PM
Tricia

Check out www.airsafe.com for their safety record. Thinking this is the one I read about that had a broken exit door, but could be wrong. Also www.ricksteves.com- message boards- transporation has many excerpts from travelers about their experiences on different airlines.

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 05:10 AM
Marija

Iberia allows smoking on its flights and seems to be under no obligation to provide non-smoking seats to all who request them. Despite having reserved "non-smoking" seats and despite repeated protests, we were seated in the smoking section. Beware!

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 07:01 AM
Tonya

If anyone is planning on flying Iberia around Easter, please note that their pilots are going on strike from March 29-April 5. I don't know the details, but check with your travel agent. I have Iberia tickets for April 9, so here's hoping the situation is resolved soon.... <BR>