I/we am/are writing a travel guide

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:04 AM
theresasucker

I/we am/are writing a travel guide

My name is George/Jeff/Steve/Tim/Tom and I/we are writing a travel guide to London. Please do all my/our work for me/us for no compensation or thanks:

Budgeting
Currency exchange
Culture
Packing tips
Restaurant recommendations
Hotel recommendations
Complete instructions for using public transportation
Every bit of information on every tourist sight in the city

Anything you can add that will help me fill up a $17.95 all-inclusive guide to London would be very kind of you.

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:09 AM
stacey

Thank You! I wanted to post something similar, but after all the griping last week - was rather afraid to do so. I actually assumed it was some kind of school project.

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Eva

i must commend you...brava brava brava

Very clever and biting way to put it. Wish I thought of it myself.

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:27 PM
marekting

Don't forget George/Jeff/Steve/Tim/Tom, that once you compile all of the free advice we give you, you must come back to fodors.com and relentessly try to sell our own information back to us.

Do not be dissuaded, no matter what. Start screaming that you are being "attacked" if anyone questions you. Threaten them with FBI investigation or a massive civil suit. Post anonymously and often and praise your book, giving it high marks and suggesting that everyone run right out and buy it. Create a website for it and redirect all Fodor's traffic over to it. They won't mind.

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Gloria

Huh? What is THIS all about?

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Capo

I'd be delighted to contribute to your upcoming travel guide. Here are my suggestions regarding some of your areas of interest:

Budgeting: Bring lots of money
Currency exchange: Change your money into the money of the country in which you are traveling. When you run out, change some more.
Culture: Lactobacillus acidophilus, a culture often added to yogurt, is a "probiotic" bacteria which passes through the stomach to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. There, it helps maintain a healthy balance between the 200-plus kinds of bacteria that live there. You can find many different types of yogurt in Europe.
Packing tips: It is not advisable to pack any tips, especially sharp ones, as they may break off and damage your luggage.

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:33 PM
John

Give the poor kid a break, he posted about 10 messages within 10 minutes or so around 1:30 PM EDT. Must be tired. (Plus, his web access to Fodor's is WAY better than mine.)

Actually, come to think of it, that's inhumanly fast... Could it be that his real name is....HAL??!!

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Can

Restaurant recommendations-eat at open restaurants

Hotel recommendations-same as above, don't stay in any closed hotels

Complete instructions for using public transportation- this one is very difficult, maybe you can walk on the side walk, outside

Every bit of information on every tourist sight in the city- it was too much to type, so I mailed this info to you.

good luck on your new book. I will be happy to buy several copies since I travel so often

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:08 PM
Me

Just steal everything off of Rick Steves website like everyone else does.

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:47 AM
fill

Share the joke, what is this about? I take it concerns an earlier thread, but what thread?

Old May 11th, 2001, 10:07 AM
John

Fill, some guy (or gal or 'bot?) posted a slug of one-liner questions yesterday around 1:30 under titles like "Driving in London" etc. Used different men's names like Mo or Jeff, but the same email address, [email protected]. Playing games, we presume.

Old May 11th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Eva

A couple of days ago someone posted about 10 different threads all dealing with a different aspect of London and every thread was written by [email protected] and so on...this person is addressing it and mocking - and I love it!

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:03 AM
theresasucker

Maurice is writing the business section, and also conducting seminars on how to conduct business in London, so he could really use a lot of information to justify his $500 pp fee.

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:16 AM
funny

George/Jeff/Steve, etc.: Please do not forget to include a travel fashion section in your guidebook.

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:33 AM
xxx

And don't give up your day job. Job security in the publishing world, especially in travel books, is never a given.