Reload this Page >

I want to go to Europe BUT....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:02 PM
kim

My younger brother would like to go to europe for 3 weeks sometimes in early february. He is NOT a hisotory buff and gets bored with museums. We both have been to Europe with our family and have enjoyed brighton and london in the UK, Venice in Italy and loved the scenic towns of Switzerland, especially lucerne. I think a good trip for us would be just wondering around the streets and window shopping. Any ideas?

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Rex

Paris. and any two of the following: Madrid, Barcelona or Lisbon. And hopefully you make time to see a little bit of some smaller towns. Unless that really just doesn't appeal to you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Emma

I would highly recommend Prague and Vienna. They are fabulously beautiful, good for all ages, but have lots of non-stuffy attraction for young people (you don't say how young you are!) One especially fun thing in Prague is the Ghost Walk, which meets nightly at 8:15, under the Astronomical Clock in Old Town Square (Stare Mesto).

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Casey

Hi Kim. A nice trip would be fly in to Amsterdam, spent a few days and hop on the train with a Eurail pass and head south to Spain. Costa Del Sol or Costa Brava, lots to see and do for young kids. From there you could head for Portugal or further up the Spanish coast to Barcelona. Great places to stay in Spain are the youth hostels and Paradores. What ever you do have a great trip.<BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 09:04 PM
up

topping for kim<BR>

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 06:42 AM
frank

Question to Emma, <BR><BR>Re: Ghost Walk - Kinda spookie! Sounds wonderful. Just show up at 8:30 and buy a ticket? How much? Are there other similar tours/walks in Prague?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 06:53 AM
elaine

kim<BR>I've got nothing against taking leisurely wanders about, but if YOU like museums, couldn't you just separate from your brother for an afternoon or two or three and each go off on your own to see what the other doesn't care to see? No one need come home with any regrets.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:45 AM
JL

Another vote for shopping in Spain or Portugal.<BR><BR>