Reload this Page >

I used to enjoy this forum

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 03:18 PM
Jane Doe

....but now there are too many posts pertaining to politics. Come on, people! Some of us come on here to "get away from it all." We don't want to hear about politics! It's gotten entirely too ugly & vile in here. Can we get back to talking about travel & Europe?? Puhleeezeeee???

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 03:49 PM
the turnip

You could start...

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 04:18 PM
Miane

It's simple, just ignore the "silly" threads and refrain from answering them, it will save having them systematically reappear at the top. Concentrate on the interesting ones that truly add value. The forum will clean itself automatically. Some people/subjects are better left alone.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 04:50 PM
nancy

Jane Doe, <BR>I completely understand what you mean, and even by ignoring them , they do seem to linger more than they should! <BR>What I have done recently to lighten things up for myself, is do a text search and reread some threads that I really enjoy, such as ones about books, movies europe related, or beautiful places ,restuarants that people have experienced. <BR>I have found this very helpful.It reminds me why I enjoy this site so much.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 05:51 PM
Judy

I still love this site! Just disregard the junk!!! Judy

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 08:49 PM
alan

Hi! You're right unfortunatly. I've ben coming to these posts for about 2 yrs. and took a break for a while. When I returned I found it different. People have become nastier and more politics have entered the site. I wonder if the love of travel is missing and the site is being used by grumpy people who are not really inclined to travel or are armchair travelers.Yes politics is important but but putting it into perspective this is not the place to vent anger at the presidency or anything pertaining to politics other than people know that a lot off folks visit this site and they will get a reaction. I agree lets get back to travel.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:55 PM
Holly

Why not just ignore the political posts (they're well-identified) and just NOT click on them??? ... Works for me...

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 12:24 PM
Joanne Doe

I agree. I came here looking for advice, but have found people to be very judgemental and downright nasty sometimes. Everyone has the right to an opinion. If my budget allows me to go on a ten day tour of Europe and that's it, then that's all that I can do. I don't deserve to be insulted when I come here asking questions. If I had an unlimited busget, then I owuld gladly spent three weeks in each country, but I don't have that option right now.