Reload this Page >

I need some advise - Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Linda

When do you think is the best time to visit western Ireland? I could go at the end of August, but I want to see it for my 1st time not with hords of other tourist. Also, I live in Florida, so I might enjoy the winter time there. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Kathleen

Spring or fall is best--April/May or late September/early October. The weather is nicely cool, not too much rain (but in Ireland there is no guarantee), still plenty of day light and fewer tourists. Most attractions, B&Bs and restaurants are still open. <BR>The winter's can be rather cold, plus it gets dark by 5.00pm.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 02:20 PM
marylouise

Hi Linda, <BR>I,m no expert! The trip my family and I took this past late June was our first time in Ireland. I can relate to you our experience with that however! We spent one week renting a house in Castlegregory on the Dingle Peninsula and stayed at 3 B&B's (Salthill,CO Galway; Cahir,CO Tipperary and Drumcondra outside of Dublin City). The temperature ranged between 50F to 60'sF. We had one or two days of on-and-off rain (out of 12)and on two occasions some elevated seaside sites were fogged in and unable to be viewed (Cliffs of Moher and Conor Pass).It was daylight until 11pm and the only crowd we encountered was at Blarney Castle. (There was a 20-25 minute waiting line to reach the "stone".) Everything was open. We had a wonderful trip and I would not think twice about going again at that time of year. Have a terrific time no matter when you go! <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 04:16 PM
cecelia

linda we went in late sept. and late may we have very nice weather in sept only 1 day of rain in may it rained every day but it was off and on i ejoyed both times the tourist are not to bad at ether time of the year hope this helps cecelia

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 01:10 PM
June

June or September are the best times (Schools are still in session in June, and September is your best chance of getting good weather.) <BR> <BR>Anytime in Ireland will seem like winter for any Floridian.

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 04:38 AM
Linda

Linda, We were in Ireland from 6/27- 7/8. We had terrific weather. It rained only one day and the others were sunny and warm, 68 degrees or so. If you are planning on driving through-out Ireland we made our plans to fly into Dublin and after a couple days there rented a car. We then headed to Killarney and the west coast. We then flew out of Shannon, saving a lot of time, not having to return the car to Dublin. It was not very crowded while we were there and we truly enjoyed the whole trip.