I NEED HELP PLEASE

Sep 4th, 1999, 01:16 PM
Deborah Burch

I NEED HELP PLEASE

I am trying to find an airline ticket that allows you to travel anywhere in the world from east to west but with in a six month time period. I have heard of it, but i am beginning to wonder if it really exists. If you have any idea about this or even something like this please let me know...I would be so grateful

Thanks, Deb

Sep 4th, 1999, 03:25 PM
pam

It's called a round-the-world ticket. Have you talked to a travel agent?

Sep 4th, 1999, 07:43 PM
cheryl

Deborah--

I seem to remember reading something about a ticket that can be used in asia for that period--anywhere, anytime within six month time frame. Try searching frommers--

Good luck

Sep 5th, 1999, 07:11 AM
John

Hi, Deborah,
Check out http://www.airtreks.com/index.html
Most major international airlines have ATW fares, some with mileage limits that prevent doubling back, etc., or "northern" (eg Japan) vs. "southern" (eg Australia) pricing depending on carrier.
Happy planning!

Sep 5th, 1999, 07:11 AM
suzann

Deborah,
I've never done it, but a friend of mine used a ticket like this some years ago. Almost every US carrier offers this round-the-world ticket. You pay a flat fare and then can travel around the world within a time period. The catch is that you must travel in only one direction -- no backtracks allowed. You must, therefore, plan your itinerary carefully. Start calling the airlines' international desks and see what they say.
Good fun!
suzann

Sep 6th, 1999, 02:07 AM
Jo

Try Qantas - they do RTW flights.

Sep 6th, 1999, 07:12 AM
Tony Hughes

It's actually fairly common. The British Airways/Quantas et al tie-up does it.

www.trailfinders.com - they will organise it for you. Trip length canb vary from 3 weeks to 12 months.

regards