Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I have lots of Paris restaurant suggestions, but have one more question!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Susan

I'm looking for suggestions for our last night in Paris, near the Eiffel Tower so we can walk there afterwards and go up with all the city lights on. We will already have had a couple of splurges, so looking for something $30-35 per person (or less is OK) that has good food in that location. Thanks for any suggestions!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:06 AM
elaine

Susan <BR>Le Totem, Place du Trocadero, in the 16th. <BR>Food is not outstanding, but the full view of the Eiffel Tower at night is worth it, especially on your last night.You will be about 4 blocks from it. Very casual, young crowd. You can get buy for about $40 pp, perhaps less, depending on what you order ( they have food as simple as a hamburger, at least they did).

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Austin

<BR>de la tour 6 rue desaix (tour referring to the tour eiffel) is a very fine and affordable family run restaurant about three short blocks from the tower behind the Hilton Hotel <BR> <BR>AH

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:15 AM
s.fowler

Sancerre -- a great little wine bar on ave Rapp. If you sit in the window you can see the lights go off on the hour [if they still are] -- since it is a wine bar it closes earlyish -- so early dinner then up the tower They serve simple food - omlettes, quiche, salads and, of course, great Sancerre wine!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:31 AM
StCirq

La Fontaine de Mars, an old favorite of mine, is not far from the Tour Eiffel and fits within your budget. It's at 129 rue St-Dominique.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 11:46 AM
s.fowler

I second La Fontaine de Mars -- it's a charming restaurant with good food and good service. And one of our favorites. I'd choose it in a minute if you wanted a full dinner -- Sancerre if you wanted something lighter.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Susan

Thanks so much for these suggestions. We do want a full dinner, so La Fontaine de Mars is sounding good. I appreciate the input! <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 11:33 PM
Patti Suttle

I concur with La Fontaine de Mars! Our "group of 10" had a wonderful time and dinner there in early July. We had a table in their adorable room upstairs. <BR>The waiter even made the napkins into shapes for us! <BR>Patti

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 06:34 AM
xxx

I know this sounds touristy but have dinner on the Eiffle Tower there are two restaurants on high end one on the lower end I had dinner there and it was good and the view was incredible.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Susan

Thanks for the idea, but I did try to get reservations at the Jules Verne in the Tower, called around the middle of July. Even then, they were already completely booked through the end of November. Lots of people don't think the food at the other one is that great. <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Xanthipia

<BR>The food at Jules Verne is not that good either Susan <BR> <BR>If St Cirq says that restaurant is the best it must be the best--after all see what her loyal fans say--so dont listen to any other suggestions just do what St Cirq and her worshippers say to do <BR> <BR>X

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Russell

Try Le P'tit Troquet on Rue de l'Exposition. Pleasant setting, friendly service, reasonable prices, and relatively close by the Eiffel Tower. Or Le Fermette Marbeuf in the winter garden. Then follow with a last night cruise in the Bateaux Mouches.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Gretchen

Le Clos des Gourmets on Av. Rapp--excellent. Several blocks to the Tower.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 08:05 PM
Susan

Thanks for these additional suggestions. It's always nice to have several to choose from! <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 07:38 AM
Tracey

one more suggestion...le Bosquet on 46, avenue Bosquet, was heavenly. It is about 3 blocks from the tower with no view, but the food is worth it. Web site www.bosquetparis.com. <BR>Enjoy!