Hows the weather?

Jul 10th, 2002, 07:10 AM
stephanie

Hows the weather?

We will be in Rome and area March 15-30. I am hoping its not going to be to cold. Also are most of the shops and museums open during that time?? Please respond. Thanks.

Jul 10th, 2002, 07:16 AM
ask a stupid question

It won't be "to cold". Rome was built just for tourists, so March is off season and everything will be closed.

Jul 10th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Alice Twain

Rome wasn't built for tourists so almost everything will be OPEN!
Rome is the capitol city of Italy and the city of the pope, this means that even when there are less foreign tourists people flock to Rome in order to work and to see the Pope and just see the sights. Besides,m Rome is a two million people city, and all these people go to resturants, to museums and art expositions, shop, see the sights or show the sights to their friends from italy or abroad.
you will likely meet more Italian businessman and government officials, more pilgrims from Spain and Poland and less tourists and backpackers, but the city will be most definetly open. Also, you might meet lots of Italian tousrists. Usually late may is when Italians start having thier forst week-end holidays, and often these short holidays are spent in some city of art, just like Rome.

Jul 12th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Natalie

Hi Stephanie,

Rome will not be too cold in March as the main winter months tend to be December and January when it is very cold.

Everything will be open as usual and the best thing about travelling at this time is that there are less tourists around so you will not have to wait long to visit the sights.

I would recommend that you dress in layers so you are prepared for all eventualities, but generally the weather will be mild with good spells of sunshine.

I'm sure you will have a great time come rain or shine!

Regards.

Natalie Brown

Jul 12th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Shanna

Stephanie, just check for religious holidays before you go. Much is closed and Catholic Italy has a LOT of religious holidays. I was in Rome in January one year and it was in the 50s with sun. Pleasant but few restaurants had tables out. Still, have fun -