Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How to retrieve posts beyond the "latest"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi friends,

I am wondering how I retrieve old posts to scan? I am sure I am just missing something. When I open the page, and get the "most recent" posts, at the bottom, it says something about viewing by date. No, I just want to scrotl through the list....

Thanks for your help.
T
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:27 PM

The only way to view the posts now is by date. It's basically the same as it used to be but you see more than 50 posts before you have to go to the next screen. At the bottom of the posts for each day you have the word "older" rather than next screen.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beachtee, you click on the link at the top of the column on the right titled "View all of today's activity." That gets you every thread started or commented on today. Instead of being organized by groups of 50, you get the whole list. If you want more threads, click "older" at the bottom of today's list.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM

is it possible to see venice april 18th arriving 11:30 from Florence
and departing next day at 2:30

what would be my must top 5 sights to see?

thanks 8888mom/boston
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:01 PM

8888mom - - you need to start a new thread, no one's going to know you're on this one by reading the title.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Okay,

I tried the visiting the posts by day, but this is not the feature I want. Wah! What I so liked about this site previously was the ability to view OLD posts/threads. Like I said, I am sure I am missing something. Because, I don't necessarily want to view a particular days posts, just particular posts about a specific topic. Am I clear, or not?

It looks like the member profile would be a great place to locate posts from a particular person, but I don't know whose name to search under for each region.

I know, BobBrown, BO; Ingo, Engadin; Cicerone, Zurich. Maybe someone can help me with the name of someone to search under for the Ticino region?

Please excuse my obvious shortcomings. I am just trying to find info without having to post redundant questions.

Thank you so much in advance!!!
T. in FL
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
yk

Beachtee-

If you want to see the old posts for Switzerland, choose Switzerland from the "tag" box, and you'll be brought to:
http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/switzerland/

In the middle of that page, you get a list of the <b>30 most recent</b> topics that were tagged with Switzerland. Right now, the 30 topics/threads go back to about a week. Therefore, iif you check the Switzerland page once a week, there is NO NEED to go back in time any further.

Do you see what I'm saying?
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
no can do (anymore)
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
yk

Also, once you have the Switzerland page opened up, if you want to read a particular topic/thread, the best way for you to do so, is to RIGHT click on the thread title to open in a new tab or window. That way, the main Switzerland page will remain unchanged in your original window, and the thread you clicked on will open up in a new tab/window. Once you're done reading it, close the tab/window; go back to the original window where the list is, and repeat.

Effectively, the original window with the list of thread titles, serves as the old L hand frame in the old format. When you open a thread in a new tab/window, that serves as the previous Middle section of the old format.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Hi beachtree,

Use the advanced search option.
Enter Ticino in the search term box.
Under Forum, use the drop down to choose Europe and Switzerland.
Under date range enter 03/05/2006 as the beginning date.
Click on search.

This will bring up posts in the last 3 years that are tagged for Switzerland and where Ticino is mentioned.