How to Get BEST DEALS?

Feb 6th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Njwiz

How to Get BEST DEALS?

Hi all
I have been reading all the post and there is a wealth of information. I am planning a trip in March and need to know what is the way I can get Good Deals,Discounts, etc information for Hotels and Trains. Going to Venice, Rome, Florence and Ravello.

Thanks

Feb 7th, 2002, 05:38 AM
curt

Well Njwiz you have started in the right manner by reading these posts. You should also read other web based message services for information. Subscribe to the airlines email alert services where they will send you regular emails on short term specials. Locate all the web pages for the various service providers in the countries you are interested in (airlines, train, etc), book mark them and visit them on regular basis and see if they are offering specials. Research the areas you want to go via good guide books, decide on places you may want to stay (ie, cities, areas, etc) then use the search engines on web to locate hotels in those areas. Then use the hotel home pages to narrow down the ones that look good, use email to communicate with them, ask for best rates, etc. It takes some work but that is fun of it I think. For our last trip to Belgium and France I made all arrangements for hotels through web based research, email, and was not afraid to ask for best rate, and it all worked out extemely well. No problems at all. Go for it!

Feb 7th, 2002, 10:28 AM
mary

I am planning a trip to Belguim in March and would like all the good deals and air fares I can get.

Thanks

Feb 8th, 2002, 09:02 PM
ttt

to the top

Feb 8th, 2002, 10:47 PM
az

N--just completed fairly comprehenisve search over a period of about 10 days of most of the popular web booking sites (e.g. Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Qixo, Priceline, Biddingfortravel, etc. etc.) and found the best deals for air/hotel packages on GoToday. In fact they agree to beat any better deal you can find by 5%. It was also one of the most user friendly sites. (Orbitz was the worst; could not even pull up fares/rates on its web site; had to call them to get this info, and after giving them my departure/hotel options, they promised to call back shortly w. details. It's now 3 days later, and I still haven't heard from them.) Reps who answered phones at GoToday were super friendly and helpful, and I received prompt responses to numerous questions. They are currently offering some wonderful European air/hotel packages at very low cost.
Next time, you will probably have more/better choices if you begin your search more than a month in advance of your trip.
Good luck!