Reload this Page >

How to divide time between Florence, Venice, Naples

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 11:31 AM
Sophia Choi

Hi. I'm going to Italy in few weeks. I'm spending 3 days in Rome and then afterwards, how should I divide the remaining 7 days between Florence, Venice and Naples? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 12:19 PM
Gloria Gray

You'll love everything, no matter what you do. I have been 3 times to the same areas in the last 4 years. Planning again for this year. <BR> <BR>Depends where you are flying out of. I would head south to Florence a couple of hours away from Rome. It excellent for shopping, lots to do, wonderful people, easy to get around. Get on a tour of somekind for Tuscany sightseein only. I would by pass Naples for Sorrento and Positano, excellent shopping and a wonderful laid back restful trip. Take the train "Rapido". I am not fond of Venice so if you go do the tourist thing (worth 1 day). Enjoy.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 01:19 PM
marj

Just correcting Gloria, Florence is North, not South of Rome. Going from north to south order, it's Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples. I agree Sorrento, Capri, Positano over Naples but I love Venice. It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been. I would pick 1 direction from Rome, either north to florence and venice, or south to Naples/ Pompeii/ Amalfi coast.

Old May 4th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Michael

If you are planning to go back to Italy again then obviously you can be more leisurely. <BR> <BR>Three days in Rome is doable... <BR> <BR>Florence is marvelous..(3 nights 2 full days). If you are not a big Art lover you can skip the Ufizi,,, (I know many people will shoot me for this, but it will take you hours just to walk through it.. and you may be better served using your time elsewhere). I do reccommend the Gallery D'Academia (with the David and unfinished works of Michellangelo) <BR> <BR>Venice is also wonderful, another time saver is avoid the tours of the mirano glass fractories. Also check out the Daniella hotel even if you don't stay there it is great to just walk into the lobby... <BR> <BR>A wonderful way to end the trip is by going South to Amalfi coast.. Capri. <BR>Spend 3 nights either on Capri... or Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi and just relax before you return... <BR> <BR>Enjoy <BR>Michael <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Cheryl

If you go south, stay in Sorrento or along the Amalfi coast. You can take the local train to Pompei and Herculaneum for a day. Don't stay in Naples. Bad place to be alone, noisy and dangerous. Rome is doable in 3 days. Florence is a must and you need atleast 2 days. The Pitti Palace is a good museum and beautiful gardens. Venice was great. Stay near the Grand Canal. I stayed 2 nights and could have stayed longer.