How much time in Cotswold

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to figure out how much time I need to see the sights in the Cotswold region of England.. I would like to see Stonehenge (briefly), Bath, Lacock Abbey and Gloucester Cathedral. Would it be "doable" to leave from London early in the morning by car, see Stonhenge, Bath and Lacock Abbey in one day? Spend the night near Gloucester, then see Gloucester the next day, and leave by early afternoon?

Thank you,
Barbara
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM

If you are interested in Shakespeare's play I would also spend time in Stratford. We love seeing plays at the Old Globe and it's a nice town with the river Avon running thru it.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi Barblick,

there is MUCH more to the Cotswolds than the sights you've mentioned, in fact you really won't have seen them at all if you stick to your itinerary.

And the amount of time you've given yourself for Bath is hardly adequate, IMHO - you would do better to stay there for the night and do Gloucester [mainly for the Cathedral] on your way back.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 12:51 PM

I wouldn't count any of the sights you list here as "Cotswold" sights! lol. Not that they aren't worth seeing.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 01:10 PM

If you're driving, and if you've listed everything you want to see, the ONLY problem with your proposed timetable is you've badly underestimated the time necessary for someone unfamiliar with urban driving to:
- get out of London, and
- get into Bath, find somewhere to park and get out again.

Your implicit assumption that you'll see everything you want to see in Bath in 2hrs may well be accurate. None of us knows what you want to see, after all, and people saying you can't do it are babbling, since they haven't got the faintest what's in your head.

But:
- I don't believe many visitors who've not driven here before will actually be able to get in and out in the time you've alloted
- None of your plans have anything to do with the Cotswolds. Nothing wrong with that: but why drag the area into your question?