Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How many trips to France does it take to get sick of it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Monika

I went to Paris for the first time ever in March, the second time in May and I'm ever so excited to go back in September. Even though I was there for work, I just love being there. To me, everything was just BETTER. The food, the coffee, the shops, the streets, even most-with the exception of cab drivers- of the people were nicer. Is it possible to just get tired of going back?

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Jim Rosenberg

No, it isn't.

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:41 PM
StCirq

Actually, the more you go, the better it gets. <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Capo

If anyone wants to pony up the money so I can quit my job and keep traveling to Paris over and over and over again for the next few years, I'll gladly volunteer to be a guinea pig to see how many trips it takes to get sick of Paris. :~)

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:50 PM
JOdy

capo , I'm going with you!!!!!

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:57 PM
Capo

OK, we're on, Jody! Now we just have to find a generous benefactor (Hello Mr. Gates? Hello Mr. Soros? . <BR> <BR>Or perhaps we could apply for a government grant? After all, I think this would be very important information for the U.S. traveling public to know. :~)

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Art

About 3 times. <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:43 PM
JOdy

CAPO&lt; <BR>Gates and Soros are funding this trip??You call the Meurice or George V , I will be busy calling Chanel and Chloe to make sure their collections have lots of black, I don't want to look like a tourist!

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Capo

Jody, Re: "Gates and Soros are funding this trip??" <BR> <BR>Well, since I live in Seattle, Bill <I>is</I> kind of a neighbor of mine, so I'll see what I can do. Maybe if we called our many trips a name like "Windows to Paris" or "Capo & Jody's <I>Excel</I>lent Adventures" he might get excited about a promotional tie-in. :~)

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:19 PM
s.fowler

Hey Capo! Don't leave me out. Make that Capo & Jody & Sally's excellent Parisian adventure <BR> <BR>I'm feeling rather "chuffed" as I took a French placement exam to inform where I should restart my French studies at our college and I came out at the 2nd year level!!! Mais oui mes enfants... Je voudrais aller a Paris tout suite

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Lauren

I have no idea. Haven't reached my France limit yet--even though there are lots of other places I'd like to see too. <BR> <BR>Life is just to short to do it all!

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Capo

OK Sally, you're in! But you'll have to help us work on getting financing. If I hit up Gates, and Jody works on Soros, could you do your part by writing a grant proposal?

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:05 PM
s.fowler

Sure

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Kathy

Monika, <BR>As soon as I've reached my limit, I will let you know. Making plans for my 2nd trip there, to take in Paris. Spent some time awhile ago on the Riviera & in Provence & can't wait to get back there. <BR> <BR>Kathy <BR> <BR>P.S. Capo, maybe Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com fame could send us there on a fact-finding mission.

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Jody

I'm sure Sfowler's proposal will be word perfect!

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Lucy

I'm so excited as I just booked my flights yesterday for my first trip to France in September!!! I think it willbe the start of a beautiful love affair & will hopefully be the first of many trips!!!! I've been going to French classes & stocking up on plenty of black clothing so am well prepared

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:59 PM
Martin

In answer to the original question... <BR>For some people, once is plenty. <BR>I went many years ago, and I assume I'll go back someday, but there are place I want to see first. Sorry to be a grump, but the French people are something of an acquired taste. If you get orgasmic about being in Paris, by all means go there constantly.

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:15 PM
John H

Never get tired of Paris. Was there many times as a student (even studied there as an undergrad and grad student). Since finishing school, I have much enjoyed driving in other parts of France. have done a Provence/Riviera trip; a central France trip (Loire, Dordogne, Lourdes); and am doing an eastern France trip this year (Champagne, Burgundy, Annecy). I enjoy short stays in Paris now with longer trips around the rest of the country. The food is much better value outside of Paris, as is lodging. But, starting in Paris is always fun. <BR> <BR>Also, the weak Euro doesn't hurt either -- for the first time in a long time, France feels cheap! <BR> <BR>john

Old May 26th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Sherry

Capo:I don't know anyone rich to help with the funding, but I would be glad to work for my fare if I could go...like taking care of the luggage or something.

Old May 26th, 2001, 10:08 AM
John

Now that Boeing is moving to the stockyards, maybe we can get Airbus to take over a surplus Boeing plant here in Seattle. Who needs Bill G. to fund your trip when you can get a job where your boss is in Toulouse? Can I come for another meeting, boss? Mais oui, immédiatement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -