Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How many people does the Paris metro hold?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Ramie

I have always wondered about this. Does anyone have an exact, not approximate, number?<BR><BR>thank you

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:10 PM
sugar

i've heard the largest trains hold 2000 people, but some of the smaller ones only hold about 500.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:11 PM
xxx

Why do you want to know? Are you bringing your whole town or city with you?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Arthur Andersen

We are anticipating a lot of people out pounding the pavement, looking for jobs.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:12 PM
wonder

ok, its been 4 minutes--when will rex come on with a nonanswer?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Don't

But I think he just did.<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:15 PM
squeamish

all right now, nobody is answering Ramie's question except sugar who is an idiot. where's a good know it all when you need him?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:19 PM
xxx

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:22 PM
sawyer

how many lixx does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Ramie

Well, the reason I am asking is because I am claustrophobic and I get really freaked out when travelling in enclosed spaces with large numbers of people. I should be okay if I have enough leg room to be able to stretch out. Can anyone tell me the best time of day to take the metro to avoid the crowds--10 am, 2pm, 4pm, or 8:47 pm? Please pick one. Thanks to all respondees.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Arthur Andersen

Our auditing division has the precise answer to that angels on a pin question.<BR><BR>Not counting the off shore angels in arrears.<BR><BR>But our consulting division is recommending the purchase of many more pins as the angel-to-pin ratio is likely to hit a new all-time high.<BR><BR>Assuming it doesn't crash right after that.<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Arthur Andersen

This correction just in. From our Lost Angeles division.<BR><BR>That should be the angels-to-pinHEAD ratio.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Ramie

Okay, the question is not about angels and pinheads, it's about how many people the Metro holds. I do not care about the angels. I am an agnostic claustrophobic. Besides, angels can do anything and I bet you that atleast 1,000 can fit on the head of a pin. Or maybe infinite number, who knows. Now, back to the metro.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Arthur Andersen

&lt;&lt;Can anyone tell me the best time of day to take the metro to avoid the crowds--10 am, 2pm, 4pm, or 8:47 pm? Please pick one.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>8:47 pm will be the right answer more days than not.<BR>

Ahem

It depends on if they are whirling.

stick

i just gotoff the paris transportation website. the metro holds 20,000 people. there are no small or large trams; they're all the same. just ask rex.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Ramie

Stick, are you serious? You are really scaring me. I had no idea they hold that many people. I hope you are pulling my leg, because I really want to be able to ride the metro while I am there. Just in case, when is the best time to walk around to avoid crowds? Would 8:47 be a good approximation, or should I shoot for a little earlier just to maximize the daylight? I really don't want to go there and be stuck in my hotel room the whole time.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:07 PM
stick

yes, 20,000 is the magic number. if you're claustrophobic, stay at home or take a taxi. bon jour

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:08 PM
sam

i have a cat named ramie. she is young and brown and when she's excited she gets everything wet.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:20 PM
cat

Sounds like it is time to get your little kittie ramie fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -