Reload this Page >

How long should I take

Search

How long should I take

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Art

How long should I take

I plan to spend 10 days in Spane Starting in Madrid, taking the bullit train to Seville and picking up a car there. How long should I plan to take to drive to Barcelona from there? <BR>Thanks <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Mark

Hi Art ... <BR> <BR>Suspect you'll have to make this more specific to get an answer .... trying putting Barcelona/Spain in the subject heading ... <BR> <BR>Mark

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Maira

I don't think is a good idea to cram Madrid, Seville, and Barcelona in 10 days, even less given the fact you are thinking on driving the Seville to Barcelona portion. The distance between these cities is such that you should have more then 10 days of sightseeing time to compensate for the time spend enroute. I would either do Madrid-Andalucia or Madrid-Barcelona. If this is a first time to Spain and it is not the summer months, I would do the Madrid-Andalucia, otherwise I would do Madrid-Barcelona. <BR> <BR>While in Madrid take day trips to Toledo, Segovia, Avila, El Escorial, Salamanca. While in Barcelona, you may take day trips to Montserrat, Tarragona, Sitges.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:45 PM
Cass

We took 10 days to do all three, but short-changed Seville a bit by making it a day trip via the AVE highspeed train from Madrid. Picking up the car in Seville doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless the point is to see a lot of central plains in Spain (where I doubt it'll rain) -- I'm guessing you'd have a very tough time doing it in one day, much more likely two LONG ones. Much better to use the train round-trip to Seville and then drive/train/fly to Barcelona from Madrid.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 02:38 PM
amg

Art, <BR> <BR>I found a web site that helped me plan driving times. It will define the route and give you distance and drive time. The page is in English but the response is in Spanish - but is easy to translate. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>http://www.dgt.es/iindex.html