How far in advance should I book ferry seats from Santorini to Naxos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going from Santorini to Naxos in September 3, 2017. Two adults, two kids.
Old Jun 9th, 2017, 05:10 AM

The BLUE STAR ferry (dep 3:30pm) has capacity of 1200 - 1800 passengers. The 12:30 "fast-ferry" CHAMPIONJET, car-carrying catamaran, cap. 500+. SInce your time on board will be only 1-2 hrs, depending on which, you will only want or need deck seats on Blue Star; the 12:30 has reserve seats, but also a deck you can access for the view. Buy tickets at the port the day before or day of.

With Blue Star, you line up to board; Get to pier in time to get near head of line. U are directed to stash large bags at vehicle-deck level on steel racks; delegate 1 of your party to do this, while others scamper upstairs to snare best deck seats. That's all there is to it.
Old Jun 9th, 2017, 05:30 AM

Championjet has a capacity more like 1,000 people. It has a deck on the back where you can stand to get the great views as the ferry slowly departs Santoirni through the caldera. For years we have chosen blue star deck seats for this hop however Championjet is the earliest ferry to depart Santorini for Naxos. It arrives on Naxos before the Blue Star even leaves Santorini.
Over the years we have realized that waiting around on the island you are leaving is nothing but putting in time so we prefer the earliest ferry out so we can start our adventure on the next island sooner.
We are willing to pay more for the fast ferry in order to gain those few hours on the next island.
By the way we buy our ferry tickets when we arrive on the first island so we have them handy.
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks both