Reload this Page >

How early to arrive before flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
Heather

I am leaving out of JFK on a 7pm flight during the week. How far in advance would you suggest I get there. I was planning on leaving 3 hours before so hopefully getting there at 4:30. This is a BA flight<BR>Thanks<BR>Heather<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:07 AM
AC

Heather:<BR>The last time I flew BA we were to the airport around 4PM. Hardly anyone on line. Got everything we wanted (including an upgrade ) Had a bite to eat and relaxed. Not rushed, relaxed a bit. Before we knew it it was time to board.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Heather

That sounds great! Was it recently. So I guess my plan leaves me enough time.<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:33 AM
AC

Heather:<BR>Twice recently...June 2001 and November 2001. Enjoy!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Gregg

AC: How did you get the upgrade?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:39 AM
Alice the Magyar

I was told by BA which I used before, and also using in four weeks again, if you are flying an inter nation flight 2 hours early, Period. Unless of course you want to get bumped, or lose your seat all together. They are without a for sure over booking seats now. But if you think it's worth it to lose your seat and flight, go later. I think I'd much rather be sure I'm getting on that plane. Heck, I don't have money to threw out the window! Alice

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:42 AM
Heather

I just wanted to make sure that I am leaving myself enough time, which I am.<BR>The seat change would be an added bonus.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:50 AM
AC

Hi:<BR>We were at the counter early in June. The gentleman at the counter asked us if we had any preferences for seats. I stated we were both prefer an aisle and we made some small talk and he noticed that it was my mother's birthday. Never asked for it nor did he say anything. Were we surprised when we got on board! It was a very pleasant flight to say the least! Spoiled me though. In November, because the flights were so empty, I just asked and received. Probably will never happen again .