How does this itinerary look?

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does this itinerary look?

Just beginning to plan a trip to Spain (1st time) for October, and would appreciate some feedback on it's reasonableness:
Day 1 - Arrive Madrid
Day 2 - Madrid with day trip to Toledo or Segovia (not sure which)
Day 3 - Madrid
Day 4 - Arrive Seville
Day 5 - Seville with day trip to Cordoba
Day 6 - Seville - day trip visiting white villages
Day 7 - Seville
Day 8 - Arrive Granada
Day 9 - Granada
Day 10 - Arrive Malaga
Day 11 - fly home

We'll have open jaw tickets (into Madrid out of Malaga). Travel between cities will be by train. For our visit to the white villages, we're looking into a private guide who has been recommended through this site. Also, not sure if Toledo would be a better choice to visit than Segovia, so would welcome suggestions for that. I have been reading a lot of trip reports here and on other sites as well.
Overall, I think it's a doable schedule. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM

Toledo is 1/2 hour from Madrid, Segivia almost 2h.
You are leaving very little time to actually see much of Madrid considering the first day is often a bit short - arriving, checking in, jet lag, etc.
It is a very big place with great museum, the Palace, beautiful parks and elegant stores in Salamanca district
You may wish to drive to the white villages on your way to Granada, instead a day trip.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM

I agree with Danon, you're fitting quite a bit into a small period of time. You're also not leaving all that much time in Sevilla, depending on what time you arrive on Day 4. Of course, Sevilla is the town I love the most, so I may be biased. I'm with Danon on the white villages on the way to Granada, I think that may be what we end up doing.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both. I'll have to rethink the Toledo visit, and your recommendations to see the villages on the way to Granada makes a lot of sense (duh?). It will leave more time to dedicate to Seville.
I appreciate the advice.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM

Hi Boobalicious
I'm doing very similar trip myself and very curious what did you end up doing. I have exactly the same amount of time allocated in each place as you've outlined here and wonder if you ended up doing exactly that? How was the day trip visiting villages? Who did you go with and was it worth it?