Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

how do you cope with post holiday blues?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Nancy

Just got back 2 days ago and seem to have done nothing but washing and moping about! What do you do to get over this?(apart from read fodors posts and think about the next holiday!)

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:59 AM
kate

I'm afraid that planning for the next trip is the only way I can cope. I try and line up at least 2 holidays at a go, so that when I'm on the plane coming home I'm already thinking about the next trip.<BR><BR>I've just got back from Sevilla, and have a holiday in Tuscany booked for August. And now I'm thinking about slotting Thailand in around June. My poor poor credit card.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:08 AM
cd

I build a scrapbook when returning and can't wait until my pictures are developed in order to start! It takes a few days to do and I relive everything all over again. Of course that comes to an end also so then I start planning what to do on weekends! There is a lot of life with family and weekend trips.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Vita

Hi, Nancy. You're not alone. I mainly work on my photo album and start planning the next vacation, but I also try to appreciate the aspects my own hometown. I live in Washington, DC, so it's fairly easy to find new and interesting things to do around here. I basically try to be a tourist in my own town for awhile and also revisit things that I really enjoy. My last trip was to Italy in October, and I came back to some very pretty foliage and nice weather so the return wasn't too bad.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:55 AM
martha python

Try to wean myself off the swell meals! I go nuts buying imported cheese, chocolate, etc. and try to fool my tastebuds while I re-acclimatize.<BR>I also savor the fact that I'm wearing clothes I didn't have to wash out in the sink (hey, being home has *some* advantages).

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:01 AM
muriel

I'm afraid I mope as well! I also eat far too much! Within an hour of getting home I've got the travel brochures out- first to see if they gave true accounts of where we went(accomodation) and then to plan where I want to go next!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:19 AM
tom

by eating too much and drinking my duty frees!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Nancy II

I put on music from the country I was visiting (I always buy local music from different countries), eat some of the cookies that I have brought back also, and get ready to look at my pictures and put them in books. I also go over any brochures I have brought back of places I part. liked such as agritourist farms, wineries, etc. Arrange my little souveniers, go over my notes. I learned years ago to take notes every night before bed of where I ate, what I did, etc. Amazing how quickly we can forget what we think we will always remember if we let a few days go by without notes. I put in funny events, people I have met, etc.<BR>Reading them brings all the feelings back.<BR>