Reload this Page >

How do I get to Chantilly ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 01:03 AM
Bill Fleites

I want to visit Chantilly from Paris using the train. The best information I've found so far is to take the RER D train to the Chantilly-Gouvieus station. <BR>My question is how do I get from this station to the chateau ? <BR>Is it close enough to walk to ?(I doubt it) <BR>Are there buses regularly running to/from the chateau ? <BR>Or do I have to resort to using a taxi ? <BR> <BR>Thanks for any help. <BR>do

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 02:30 AM
wendy

Chantilly if 40km north of Paris using the Gare du Nord station. Althought here is a shuttle, I take footpaths G11 and 12 pass through the forest and you will arrive at the chateau drive and horse museum. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage! <BR>Wendy <BR>P.S. Go gators!

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Bill Fleites

Thanks Wendy, <BR>Do you recall approximately how far it was, or how long it took to walk to the Chateau from the station ?

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Patrick

We got rained out of this trip a couple of years ago, but following advice given to us, we were planning on renting bicycles at the train station. I understood that you can get them right at the station and the forest and grounds are great for bicycling.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Alice

I was just researching this same thing on the RATP site... it seems that the last stop on RER-D1 is called Orry Laville-Coye, and then the next stop is via SNCF to Chantilly-Gouvieux. So - can one get all the way to C-G using the RER pass (for zone 6)? Or does one need to purchase add'l ticket to ride SNCF that last little leg? and is that an actual change of trains? Thanks!

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:16 PM
eva

I was walking to the chateau ,it took some 15-20 min.It is nice walk in a parc.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Andrew

Concur about taking train from Gare de Nord to the Chantilly station. It's about 20 minutes through the village & on to the entrance, & another 5 or 10 minutes past the stables to the Chateau. You pass the race track enroute. The chateau was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. The famous stables were less impressive, even though Rick Steves thinks they're wonderful. <BR>