how do i get from naples to venice?

Jan 4th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

how do i get from naples to venice?

yes yes i know this is not the geographically smartest way to do my trip but due to circumstances too long to type here, it is the only way!

can someone tell me the best way to do this travelling, and how long it will take?
Jan 4th, 2004, 09:09 AM

The quickest way is to fly from Naples to Venice. Go to eurotrip.com, then click on "no frills" flight heading on the right. You can search for flights there - I just found a one-way ticket for 45 euro (but I also did get an error when I tried to view the itinerary). I believe the airline offered was Volareweb.
Jan 4th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

bean-- grazie! what do you think of a train option?
Jan 4th, 2004, 10:52 AM

Sorry, Thonglori - I haven't taken the train in Italy, so I can't comment on it. However, looking at the rail map it seems like it would be quite a journey - I'm sure very beautiful, but also much longer (and probably little - if no - cost savings). Just depends on your time you have available and what type of transport you prefer! You can get some more detailed train info at http://www.trenitalia.it.
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM

There is a direct train from Naples to Venice, taking about 8 hours. The much nicer Eurostar is available for part of the trip with a change in either Rome or Bologna and the total is about 7 hours. I love train travel in Italy, but given the option of a cheap flight, I'd opt for that!!
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

thanks everyone!!