Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How are Paris cabarets comparing to Vegas shows?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Frederick

Going to Paris in January with my wife - our first trip to France. Considering seeing either Lido or Crazy Horse. How are they comparing to all the 'adult' production shows in Las Vegas? We'll have only four full days in Paris, so I was wondering if Lido or Crazy Horse is worthwhile our time...<BR>I look forward to your advice. Thank you.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Frederick

Anyone?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:25 AM
europeangirl

Haven't been to any LA shows, but do like the Crazy Horse a lot. It's very classy, in my opinion.<BR>Have fun in Paris and enjoy the show whichever you will choose at the end.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Keith

Since no one who has been there has replied.<BR><BR>I researched the shows for my coming trip and yes they are comparable. Also the show at the Moulin Rouge. Folks that haven't been to a show in the last few years put them down. Those that have been there recently say good things.<BR><BR>The best seats go to those that also do diner at the theater.<BR><BR>Many recommend getting an evening package from one of the tour companies, that includes the show and transportation to and from the theater. It can be hard to get a taxi when the shows let out. And the tour companies sometimes get better seats.<BR><BR>Your hotel can arrange the package.<BR><BR> Keith<BR>

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Ira

Hi Frederick,<BR>With all that there is to do in Paris, I wouldn't waste my time or money. However, chacun a son gout.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:38 AM
for you

www.lecrazyhorseparis.com

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Srazz

My husband and I decided to go the the CrazyHorse in 2000, and we were extremely disappointed. Since we were residents of Las Vegas at the time, we were expecting something much more entertaining that what we saw. The atmosphere is one in which you just know that you're going to be taken for your money and I have to say that the show was worse than going to a &quot;strip-club&quot; in Las Vegas. IMO, it is definitely not worth the time and money.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:21 AM
andy

My wife and I went to the Crazy Hourse the last time in Paris and enjoyed it. It was tastefully done. We got a van from our hotel and we picked up a another couple on our way so the driver gave us a quick tour before the show. We then were able to come out and be taken back to our hotel after the show.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Srazz

My husband and I decided to go the the CrazyHorse in 2000, and we were extremely disappointed. Since we were residents of Las Vegas at the time, we were expecting something much more entertaining that what we saw. The atmosphere is one in which you just know that you're going to be taken for your money and I have to say that the show was worse than going to a &quot;strip-club&quot; in Las Vegas. IMO, it is definitely not worth the time and money. There was nothing artistic nor creative in the performance and it doesn't come close to some of the production shows in Las Vegas. Try something else.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 01:49 PM
dr

Not worth the time or money....Better things to do in Paris

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:18 AM
calliope

Crazy Horse is the best ... will be returning for our second visit this december