Search

Hotels - Venice, Florence and Rome for End Sept-First Oct 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels - Venice, Florence and Rome for End Sept-First Oct 2009

Hi,

I am interested in moderately priced hotel stays, personal residences, hostels(?), or another place someone may have tried, it worked out and would recommend to others. (3) adults. Saw some in the 150€ for (3) people per night, kinda steep but maybe this is the going rate for this time of year.....let me know.

Thanks.

D.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Definitely for Venice and Rome at the end of September you should expect to be paying these kinds of prices, especially for a triple room. Florence might be a tiny bit cheaper but September is high season in Italy so expect to pay more for accommodation than most other months of the year.

In Rome try Hotel des Artistes near Termini or Hotel Italia near the Colosseum, both will be around that price for a triple. We chose Hotel Giardino and are paying 150 Euros per night for a double in late September but that includes breakfast.

In Florence try Hotel Cestelli or Il Bargellino (not sure if they have triples though).

In Venice you might want to try a hostel because hotel prices there can be very steep...

Good luck!
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM

In Rome, try the always popular (and thus often full) Nicolas Inn www.nicolasinn.com; I stayed in a nice triple room with a large lovely bathroom. I think we did pay around 150 euors, but it seemed a good price for a good location in Rome in late May.

In Venice, also had a triple w/large bath at Ca'Turelli B&B. We booked it through www.veniceby.com - look under B&Bs. Great Dorsoduro location, and we paid 120 or 130 euros.

If you are three women, there is an interesting women only hostel run by an International women's organization in the Trastevere section of Rome:
www.casainternazionaledelledonne.org

The hostel is listed under "foresteria" or "foresteria orsa maggiore" I think. We didn't stay there since we were with some male friends, but it sounds like a good place with a variety of room/price choices, and a cafe onsite. Not a convent, so I don't think it has a curfew...
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Ai do Mori in Venice a couple of years ago. Good hotel, cheap by Venice standards, and really easy to find.

BUT - it is in a very busy part of town.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM

For Venice, try Palazzo Guardi. They have a triple and may be in your price range. The rooms look exactly as in their website.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Hotel Messner in Venice
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM

For Florence, try Il Porcellino Guest House near the Mercato Nuovo.

BC
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM

we are big fans of hotel parlamento in rome
http://www.hotelparlamento.it/eng.htm
we've stayed there several times and always had a good experience. it is in the very center of where we like to be... walking to borghese, the pantheon, etc etc. their rates really vary, though... from 100 to 195E so don't know if it's in your budget.

in venice, we love hotel galleria. it is near the academia and not too expensive. you can walk anywhere from there, too. we stayed on the canal, which was so very picturesque... that oft' seen gorgeous pink building is out your window... however, if we had it to do again, we would not stay on a canalside room... seemed like a good idea and it was, but you will need to be a heavy sleeper. the canal is their main road... and you will hear sirens etc frequently. still, a great experience.
-kawh