Reload this Page >

Hotels:Rome:2 rooms or 1 suite

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:16 PM
miles dinner

We're Traveling to Rome, Venice, Florence and Siena with 2 teenagers. Four in a room doesn't seem practical in Italy yet two rooms in a good hotel gets fairly expensive especially for 12 days. Any suggesions or recommended hotels which may be suitable?

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 09:01 AM
kellie

We had five people in a room in a hotel in Florence for two weeks (granted none of us were teenagers) but there was no problem. The room was large and they rolled a few cots in there for us. Hotel rooms in Italy are much different and if you are looking for privacy, Italy is definitly not the place for you!! Hotel Perseo is where I stayed and it is near the Duomo. Perfect location, a super staff and fairly good rates. If your looking to save money I would say get one room. You won't be spending much time there anyway.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Paulo

How much do you intend to spend for the four of you? How many days are you spending in each of the cities you mention? How old are your teens? <BR> <BR>If your kids are 14 and up and all what you want to spend is approximately $160 average you may consider the following. <BR> <BR>Last time we travelled with our two teenage girls (most probably somewhat older than yours) we stayed in 2-star quadruples both in Rome (4 nights - Lancelot) and Florence (3 nights - Le Vigne), in two 3-star doubles in Siena (2 nights - Chiusarelli) and in one 2-star double in Venice (3 nights - Locanda Rimedio) where the girls stayed in the convenient youth hostel on Giudecca Island. <BR> <BR>This year in summer, a night in the hotels we used should cost Lit 370,000 in Siena (there's also a 4-bed appartment - 2 connected rooms, one bath - for Lit 315,000 that was not available when we were there), Lit 310,000 in Venice, Lit 330,000 in Rome and Lit 320,000 in Florence. <BR> <BR>If your budget is way over $160/day evidently you'll manage to stay in better hotels. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:25 PM
RichardAB

What about the Hotel Due Torri near the Piazza Navona in Rome? Its a nice small hotel with a friendly staff, quiet rooms, modern baths and the best location in Rome! I think they have some suites too! <BR> <BR>I have pics of it on my websight plus a lot of other info about Rome including tips and restaurants. Check it out! <BR> <BR>The sight isn't completely finished but the Rome section is. <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/ <BR> <BR>Follow the path; <BR> <BR>Enter&gt;Fly&gt;Europe&gt;Rome <BR> <BR>Let me know what you think.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 02:32 PM
coco

Both of the front rooms (overlooking the Grand Canal) at the Locanda Sturion in Venice are set up permanently as triples (a double bed and a twin bed) with plenty of room for a rollaway or two. Italians often seem to stay many-to-a-room, so many hotels have largish rooms to offer as campgrounds. In Florence the Hotel Pendini has some very large rooms in which you could sleep an army. Both hotels are mentioned (favorably) in numerous previous threads here, also both are quite inexpensive and with fabulour locations. (The Sturion has no elevator and about 4 flights of beautiful white marble steps going straight up!)

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 03:09 PM
nancy

Torre Argentina- suites <BR>Albergo del Senato-suites <BR>Hotel Regno- large family room <BR>Cesari- large family room <BR>These are all in rome, and can be viewed at www.venere.it <BR>

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 03:19 PM
toni

Sounds like a good trip coming up. We my husband and I stayed at Hotel Pendini just recently with our 3 grown daughters. We had 2 rooms with 1 bath. The rooms both had t.v.'s and were very spacious.The bathroom was newly done very modern and nice. The location was great,no car traffic, only taxi's as needed, scooters and walking.The price was excellent, and th hotel staff were great, also they have a computer that you can use to sent e-mails back home if you are wanting to., the kids might enjoy sending their friends an e-mail from Florence. <BR>Have a great trip!