Hotels Paris, Nice and St. Remy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our trip is taking shape and we are so excited! Thanks to everyone so far.
3 days Nice (fly to Nice)
4 days St Remy (train to Paris)
3 days Paris (fly back to Chicago)
I have started researching a few hotels, but would love to hear your experiences and/or suggestions. We have a budget of $250-$350 a day for two. In Paris we would like to stay in St-Germain, but if you love a hotel in another area we are open.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Nice - Hotel Westminster (Read nice things about it, has good rating at Trip Advisor)

Paris (St. Germain des Pres):

Hotel Le Saint Gregoire
Hotel de l' Abbaye Saint Germain
Hotel d' Aubusson

Same as the Nice hotel I've read nice things about the above St. Germain hotels and they're all rated highly at Trip Advisor.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I love the L'Abbaye but can no longer afford it. Very quiet set back from the street, a beatiful courtyard/garden for breakfast, a cozy bar area.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM

St Remy intown hotel that we love:
www.hotelphoto.com
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM

I'll be in Paris for 3 nights in May and then in St-Remy for 4 nights. In Paris I'm staying at the Millesime on Rue Jacob. I've stayed there before and it is a friendly hotel on a fabulous street and in a great neighborhood. It is the sister hotel of D'Aubusson but more affordable. The Millesime offers a package which includes breakfast, airport transportation and some other nice additions. I will be staying at Chateau Alpilles in St-Remy. I had trouble narrowing down the choices there and hopefully will be happy with the decision. It's pricey but looks lovely and the reviews are very good.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Paris: Hôtel Madison

St-Rémy: domaine de Valmouriane

Nice: La Pérouse, where Dufy once painted. Rooms with sea view are marvelous, and old Nice is only a few blocks away.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I've stayed at the Perouse but could not afford the oceon view but breakfast under a lemon tree was wonderful.I plucked one and it tasted almost like a grapefruit.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 05:23 PM

I see that another poster here recommended HOTEL WESTMINTER in Nice. Unfortunately, I'd advise you to stay away from it for now. We used to stay there every summer, ( as recently as two years ago) but the rooms were not being kept up to a good standard, and the hotel itself seemed run down.Instead, I'd second Underhill's recommendation of LA PEROUSE, or try to snag a good deal on PALAIS DE LA MEDITERANEE on the Small Luxury Hotels of the World Website. The hotel would be in the upper range of your budget.

There's also HOTEL WINDSOR and HOTEL GRIMALDI, both of which seem to garner favorable reviews here on the forum. HOTEL WINDSOR has a wonderful location right on the Promenade des Anglais, across the street from the sea.HOTEL GRIMALDI is set back from the sea, but still within walking distance of Vieux Nice.

In Paris, I would recommend HOTEL DE LA FLEURIE ( in the 6th) and HOTEL MADISON ( also in the 6th). There's also a newer hotel that's getting a lot of mention here, again in the 6th called VILLA D'ESTREES. I think it's close to Notre Dame, which is a great location, and a few posters here have stayed there. It really sounded good, and would be within your budget.

Have a great time!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Jeangail, saw your hotel choices. We stayed at Millesime last April in Paris, and also at Chateau des Alpilles in St. Remy. Loved, loved the latter. We don't have any other Paris hotel experiences to compare. If I could afford the price difference, I thought I might try D'Aubusson (sister hotel) next time.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:10 AM

We'll be staying at the Villa d'Estrées next October, and I am very hopeful that the hotel will be as good as people on tripadvisor.com have reported. Correspondence with reception there has been first rate.

I'll report on the hotel, of course, when we return.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone this was so helpful. I am waiting for a few more replies. As of now I am leaning toward Perouse in Nice, Chateau des Alpilles in St. Remy. And Paris...... Hotel Madison keeps being mentioned and I read good things, I like the location of d'Aubusson but I need to check out the sister hotel. Hotel de l' Abbaye and Villa d'Estrées have also been mentioned many times and have good reviews. They all sound great. I'll just have to see what they have available and then....pick a name out of a hat. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 10:27 AM

You can read my in-depth review of both the La Pérouse (don't forget that La!) and the Madison at tripadvisor.com.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Hopingtotravel,
I did not look into hotel choices in Paris this time because we wanted to keep the price in the same range as Millesime. For the money, we thought it was a good choice with a superb location. I like that the street is so interesting without being large and noisy. We expect to spend very little time at the hotel since we'll only be in town a few days. I'd love to hear more about Chateau Alpilles because I had a very hard time deciding between Chateau, Les Mas de Carassins (much less money) and Domaine de Valmouriane. All looked great. Any tips or advice you have to offer would be welcome.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:59 PM

I just booked 3 nights at the Palais de la Mediteranee in Nice on Expedia for 173.00 per night for a double for march, so maybe try expedia it was a 3 for 2 deal.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 04:22 PM

We loved the Palais de la Mediteranee when we stayed there last August. Great location, lovely ( though smallish) room, very good breakfast and service. Have a good time!
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM

I'll second the recco for Hotel D'Aubusson. My wife and I stayed there last year for 3 nights and the location CANNOT be beat. The hotel is immaculate, charming, lively in the evenings, staff were EXTREMELY helpful - everything you would expect and more for a hotel in that $ range. If you stay there, definitely go for dinner at Chez Fernand one block over.

We are going back at the end of May this year and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere other than the D'Aubusson.

Old Feb 13th, 2006, 02:17 AM

I spent several weeks at the Ch. des Alpilles..my room was very larg..the one above the front door, with the little balcony...you will enjoy
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 11:28 AM

Sorry if I am repeating the same post, but the Hotel du Danube at 58 Rue Jacob in St. Germain is a wonderful, romantic, boutique hotel in an area that can't be beat. Check it out on the web.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:45 AM

For Nice, I have stayed at the Hotel Windsor twice, both times in the rooms styled chambres double privilege balcon at 165 Euros in this season, big rooms with a balcony overlooking the hotel's small garden and pool. I love the hotel and choose to eat dinner in its private dining room. Both the staff and other guests have been so friendly at dinner.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:46 AM

Sorry, here is the website - just go straight to "chambres" after you enter and then check reservation prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -