Reload this Page >

Hotels Paris Marias District

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 02:59 AM
Michael Neville

I am looking for a clean,quiet hotel in Marias district of Paris with shower and wc in room for 5 nights in October. Must be cheap enough for those only holding currency of the embattled Aussie dollar. <BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 06:12 AM
Meg

We stayed at the Hotel St. Louis on the Ile St. Louis on our last visit and were very pleased with it. The rooms were small, but had our own shower and wc. I requested a rooftop room that had a small balcony overlooking the rooftops of Paris. Notre Dame is about a 5 minute walk away. The nearest Metro is Pont Marie - about 5 or 10 minutes away. I believe we paid about 800 ff per night (around US$150). Have a good trip.

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 07:15 AM
Louis Dameson

It is presumed that you want the Marais or 4th arr. as compared to other areas that are about 100F less expensive per night. Here are some well recommended hotels in the 4th arr. Hotel Saint Paul Le Marais 630F Tel 01 48 04 97 17 - 8 rue de Sevigne-----Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc 450F Tel 01 48 87 62 11 - 3 rue de Jarente-----Hotel Caron Beaumarchais 690F Tel 01 42 72 34 12 - 12 rue Vieille du Temple. The double room prices are quoted as of 1997 and petit dejeuner is around 45F.

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 05:49 PM
Linda Donkin

My family (husband and college aged daughters) stayed at the Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc last July. It's a great location and the staff actually seems happy to have you in their hotel. They were very helpful especially with train info our guide books didn't fully explain. One caution - we had two rooms, one with great mattresses, the other not so great. Ask for firm mattresses. I'd still go back, lumpy mattress and all.

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 11:53 AM
jennifer

Michael - this is your lucky day! I've just booked a small hotel at 5 rue Castex (Hotel Castex) in the 4th arr. If you contact me, I'll give you the number and fax, because I think we aren't supposed to advocate promotion on this [email protected]. My husband and I are staying there for 3 nights in August (which is supposedly considered the "high season") and a double room is 360FF per night with about 25 FF per breakfast. I think I'm allowed to tell you it came recommended in a Fodor's guide I bought twp years ago, and the owners have been very easy to deal with in terms of reservations. They'll do everything by fax and not charge you till you get there.

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 03:01 PM
Seamus

If you don't mind forgoing "quaint" (which often in Paris really means well worn!) in favor of more modern, efficient type accommodation, try the Hotel Ibis in the Marais. It's part of a European chain that specializes in low/moderate prices, all rooms have private baths, and the breakfast buffet is quite extensive - NOT the usual highly overrated Parisian continental bbreakfast of coffee,croissant and jelly.

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 04:36 PM
Barbara

I'll second Jennifer's suggestion. We stayed at the Hotel Castex last year and found it very cheap and an outstanding location, very close to the Bastille metro station, quiet street, within walking distance to Notre Dame, Ile St. Louis, Picasso Museum, etc. Wonderful shops for cheese, bread, fruits, on Rue St. Antoine (less than a block away). Lots of Americans, but great owners. Rooms don't have 'charm' but are clean and adequate. <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 06:55 PM
michael neville

Thankyou for your endorsement of Castex. We have address of Castex (from Fodors) and wanted to stay there if it sounded OK. Following your advice we will be staying there in Oct 98. <BR> <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>michael neville <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 06:58 PM
Michael Neville

Thanks for your advice re: castex. We have decided to stay there in Oct98. <BR> <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR> <BR>Michael Neville <BR>