Reload this Page >

Hotels in Venice

Search

Hotels in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 07:59 AM
Steve Rosenthal

Hotels in Venice

Can you give me some advice regarling hotels in Venice. I am looking at the "Metropole","Bonvecchiati","Torino" <BR>and "San Moise". We are going Feb 28 thru March 4 for the Carnival. Any helpfull hints appreciated, also <BR>any interesting experiences/tips at Carnival. Thanks <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:26 AM
elaine

Hi Steve <BR>The Hotel Metropole has been recommended in the past on this forum. Here is one comment that I copied from the forum <BR>and pasted into my own notes: <BR> <BR>Hotel Metropole on Riva Degli <BR>Schiavone. On the Grand canal and not far from Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's), Bridge of Sighs and some very <BR>expensive properties like the Hotel Danieli. Magical. <BR>We opened the windows at night and heard an opera next door. It's also the only <BR>place that serves a buffet-style meal in Venice <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Dawn

Thanks for the tip. Any idea how much a night?

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Beth

here's a website that quotes the prices for the Metropole: <BR>http://www.travel-italy.com/hotels/h...metropole.html <BR> <BR>I went past it, its somewhat furthur from San Marco than the Danieli, which seems like a good location. A little quieter, but still very close to the San Zacharia vaporetto stop. Looked very nice.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:39 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Steve <BR>Check into www.veniceinfo.it, this is <BR>a good listing of hotels in Venice with <BR>map showing location and pricing for <BR>accomodations..Richard of Hickory Hills, IL....

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:50 AM
carol

I stayed at the Bonvecchiati a couple of years ago with a tour group. I loved its location right at the conjunction of 3 canals and just a couple of short blocks from San Marco. The room was a decent size, very clean, and the staff was extremely pleasant. It's an older hotel, not quaint but a nice warm environment.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 10:53 AM
Carol

Steve, <BR> <BR>Just so you're not misled, the Riva degli Schiavone is not on the Grand Canal, but on the lagoon. I think the riva's a great location, but just definitely not on the Grand Canal.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 05:58 PM
Dayle

Steve, I just sent off an inquiry to the Albergo Paganelli which literally in the same location as the Metropole. I stayed there about 3 years ago and we all loved it. They are very reasonalble, very Venician - creaky floors and Venician decor in comfortable rooms. Killer location. I'll let you know what rates they quote, but Carnivale will be a different story I'm sure.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 09:20 AM
Maira

I stayed at the Albergo Paganelli and have posted many times with details about the experience. Please do a Text Search for details. In a synopsis: Highly recommended.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 07:58 AM
Janice

If you think you might want to get a little bit away from the noise of Carnival, consider staying over on Lido - a 15 minute boat ride on the #1 bus line that runs every 5 minutes all day all night. Hotel le Boulevard is wonderful, do NOT NOT NOT stay at Hotel Reiter.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Dayle

Just received a prompt response from Mario Schiavon at Albergo Paganelli. They are quoting 200.000L for a single room in the main hotel during May 2000. Phone 39 041 522 4324. FAX 39 041 523 9267.