Reload this Page >

Hotels in Venice

Search

Hotels in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Jeanette

Hotels in Venice

I'm finding the hotels in Venice during the first week of April to be quite expensive. Am I naive or what? Any ideas on a special find? If I'm going to pay $200, I might as well have a recommendation! I prefer a canal view (of course). Would appreciate any input.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Rex

Hotel Rialto is available at 217 euros per night. Right on the Grand Canal. Not upper, upper crust. You're paying somewhat for location here. Service is good.<BR><BR>Better value, I think is Hotel Ala, at 230 euros per night, also available. No canal view. But still a good location.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 08:37 PM
topper

topping, for Jeannette<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 04:27 AM
curt

Also check out the Laconda Sturion, located on canal, with nice rooms and should be in the price range you want or less. Very good hotel, only drawback is long flight of stairs, and no lift is available. They have web site if you search for Laconda Sturion Venice you should find it.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:34 AM
Rex

The "o" and the "a" are transposed - - Locanda - - or just search Sturion.<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:53 AM
Rich

We stayed last November in the Antica Locanda Al Gambero. Not a very well known one, but perfectly situated between rialto and St. Marks square. Fairly well priced. They have a number of rooms with shared bathroom, but we stayed in the newly renovated ones with en-suite which were excellent. Even had a view of a canal. There is a review at: http://www.timeout.com/venice/accom/moderate.html<BR>I was sceptical at first, but the service was good, breakfast included and I will definitely stay their again.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:37 AM
Wayne

You might try the Hotel Campiello, which is just around the corner from the Grand Canal, not far from Hotel Danieli--and it has A/C. It's a short walk from St. Mark's.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:38 AM
Wayne

sorry, forgot to include web site address for Hotel Campiello: www.hcampiello.it.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:10 PM
sylvia

try hotel galleria in the durodoro area,some rooms have a canal view.it's right by the accademia. we're staying there in march for about 100 eurs a nite

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 09:17 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:26 AM
kc

We went to Venice last summer and stayed at Pensione Buccintoro. It was very nice, great views of the basin and some rooms also had canal views. It's about $130, 150 Euros. Phone number (39) 041-522-3240 and you can find them at www.guestinitaly.com. We really liked it. Loved Venice!