Reload this Page >

Hotels in the Placa district?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 01:27 PM
Autumn

I am going to be in Athens for about three days on my way to Egypt, could someone please recommend a nice hotel in the Placa district? <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 02:27 PM
Caryn

FYI: It's spelled Plaka. <BR> <BR>I stayed in Hotel Plaka on Mitropoleos (sp?) which means cathedral street. It was down the block from the cathedral. This hotel was simple and clean in a very convenient location.

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 02:32 PM
Gary

We stay at the Athena Hotel in the Plaka. It was US$ 40.00 per night double with breakfast/ a view of the Acropolis from our window, not to mention an wonderful garden. Furnished in strange antiques in the lobby. It was a real treat. Helpful English speaking staff. Friendly. <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 02:53 PM
Walter

<BR>I stayed at the Electra Palace last month. It's a 3* hotel, a single rm/1 person was $91US. The room and bathroom (w.c.,bidet,tub,sink) were good size, clean, modern, tv, elevator, restaurant+ bar, excellent inclusive buffet breakfast, good location in the Plaka and close to Syntagma Sq., pool, top 2 floors (front) have a balcony overlooking the Acropolis (non-smoking only). Downside: Could not get them to respond to my e-mail requests for reservations and I thought the staff was very unfriendly and cold (except for one bellhop) . Regards, Walter

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 08:51 PM
April

The Electra Palace - is that the one on the busy street across from the park? If so, I'd have to agree with the comment about the staff. We went there for breakfast once and found them quite cold. However, I can't say much for the staff at the Plaka either. It has a good location - that's about all. I think we would have preferred the Electra Palace, if it's the one I'm thinking of. <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 01:14 PM
Autumn

Thanks for all of the information as well as the correct spelling!

Old May 3rd, 1999, 09:24 PM
Patty

I also stayed at the Electra Palace. The location was great - close to the PLaka, other shopping and great restaurants. The room was nice and the view from the roof top, where you could also have meals served, was great. But I'd have to second the opinons on the staff - not nice, glad to know it wasn't just me. However, I wouldn't let it keep me away -- planning on staying there again.