Reload this Page >

Hotels in Split, Croatia

Search

Hotels in Split, Croatia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 12:54 PM
Julia

Hotels in Split, Croatia

We will be going to Split via ferry from Italy this summer. Does anyone know about any good hotels there? <BR> <BR>The Hotel Bellevue was mentioned in the NY Times article (dec. 26, 1999), and the Hotel Marjan also looks nice. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Mary

Julia.....I found that the Hotel Split was a great hotel perfect location and good service. Book well in advance the better hotels are almost fully booked by April for the summer months. <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 09:40 AM
Julia

My husband found it a little too far form the city when he stayed there. Any other suggestions?

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 02:00 PM
Mary

Hotel Bellevue is nice as well and located in the city center also less expensive then the Hotel Split. As for Hotel Marjan I don't think you can get a room there because I believe that the refugees from Bosnia are still at the hotel. <BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 07:27 AM
Julia

Thanks for the tip on the Marjan! I think we will go with the Bellevue then.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 08:16 AM
Lisa

Is the Bellevue still under construction though?

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 09:38 AM
Julia

I don't think so because the NY Times had an article on Croatia and the person who wrote it stayed at the Bellevue (Dec. 26, 1999 article). Our travel agent is checking for rates though so I am assuming they would tell her that.

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 07:38 AM
suzanne

Yes the Marjan is open and now refurbished after years of refuges living there. The lobby is georgeous, the rooms are fine, many still under renovation. Dont be put off by the looks of the place from the outside, especially the tower which looks as if it was newly bombed. The view is lovely from the balcony. We were there last in July 1999.